any chess fans here? Check out this 7 year olds end game

Pete

I played chess a lot in elementary and high schools and was in inter-school tournaments a lot.  We had a tournament for 8 local schools (4 players from each) who were part of a group of schools in inter-region championship.  I got excused from football practice for it. I had a seizure one day (only one I glad to say and misdiagnosed as grand mal epilepsy) and I woke up in hospital with no memory of previous day.  Was told I won the tournament.  Was told that I could not do any sports anymore. 

I continued playing chess, sometimes playing multiple players simultaneously  and when I met my higher level math teacher I started playing him on a regular basis.  He was a grandmaster when he was in Army and still was very sharp; he could replay a complete game without notes.   He offered to play without multiple pieces many times but I declined.  I'd play every week, sometimes multiple times a week.  After months of play I was put in check repeatedly and finally I made a move which surprised him sacrificing a piece.  He took it and asked me if I was tired and if I wanted to give up and I said no and two moves later he was in check.  He got out of check but in two moves he was in check again and then he looked at the board and said "it is checkmate in 7 moves" and my reply was "6 unless you make the right one".  On second move he made the wrong one and I checkmated him in 6.  I asked if he let me win and he said no and then he replayed the moves until he got to the sacrifice and he said "It was not a mistake or exchange of pieces for position, you knew what you were doing there didn't you?" I said "I did and you had three possible reactions two which benefited me and other which was neutral.".  "I never saw it coming" was his response.  Never was able to beat him again however; I did see that he had wrote down the game for reference or some magazine he read I did not know. 

• Like (+1) 1

One fool I used to know got a draw in a large simultaneous against a top player, one of the greats of the Soviet Era who never won the title

the great was very sick at the time and died a few days after, this fool I used it know paraded his draw around like it will make him worthy of worship, even 40 years later