Henry update from Denny Green

VABills

I know it's posted on an Arizona board, but it sounds like they are pulling off what he is saying on a radio interview.

He aint trading draft picks for Henry.

and

Henry is very good player. We wouldn't been be interested in giving Henry an extention, until we see what he is worth.

So it sounds like Donahoe may not want Shelton but wants to trade Henry just for draft picks.

Also, sounds like the pet rock and his agent are looking to sign an extension as part of the trade.

Looks like a little maybe Shelton didn't impress Buffalo.

I forgot the link

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=50641

I know it's posted on an Arizona board, but it sounds like they are pulling off what he is saying on a radio interview.

and

So it sounds like Donahoe may not want Shelton but wants to trade Henry just for draft picks. 

Also, sounds like the pet rock and his agent are looking to sign an extension as part of the trade. 

Looks like a little maybe Shelton didn't impress Buffalo.

I forgot the link

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=50641

292643[/snapback]

if I was Denny, I wouldn't do the trade Without an extension. Now, I might structure the extension such that any bonus money would be comparable to a second rd pick, but would still want to know if I make a trade, the dude is going to be with my squad for more than a year

New SAT question ...

Drew Bledsoe is to Mark Weiler as Travis Henry is to:

a. Britney Spears

b. pet rock

c. LJ Shelton

d. VABills :doh:

New SAT question ...

Drew Bledsoe is to Mark Weiler as Travis Henry is to:

a.  Britney Spears

b.  pet rock

c.  LJ Shelton

d.  VABills  :doh:

292662[/snapback]

Ahh yes, let's get personal and attack other posters why don't we? That is so mature. :lol:

Ahh yes, let's get personal and attack other posters why don't we?  That is so mature.  :doh:

292664[/snapback]

oh please VA ... I'm just pointing out your personal vendetta against Travis is akin to Weiler's against Drew.

I like your football insights when you veer away from the non-stop Henry bitching - I just don't understand why you joined the dead horse beater's club.

oh please VA ... I'm just pointing out your personal vendetta against Travis is akin to Weiler's against Drew.

I like your football insights when you veer away from the non-stop Henry bitching - I just don't understand why you joined the dead horse beater's club.

292666[/snapback]

Again, I had left Travis alone for nearly a year. In fact until his mouthing off I had not posted a thing about him as I had promised several folks I would until he did something stupid. Well he started and I don't post anything but information as I hear and interpret them.

Now all I did was give him a nick name. Several people seem to like it. I think it fits, and is the only real "personal" attack I have ever made about him. Persoanlly I think it is an insult to rocks everywhere, but since they don't have a lobby I figure I am okay. :doh:

I do not however attack posters.

You should start...its fun!

Ya Travis lover.  (Took me awhile to figure out the most perfect insult for you VA)

:lol:

292676[/snapback]

No I don't do it, because you guys make it too easy. Plus most of you are way too !@#$ing sensitive. Wah, Wah , !@#$ing wah. :doh:

This is fun.......It's like sitting at a boxing match.........he throws a left, and a right and another left.....ewwwwww.....did you see that hook........oh my........(background) get your hot dogs, get your hot dogs....(back to the action)........

Hey how come E. Joe Burns wasn't an answer????? I thought Joe was travis' pet rock

292684[/snapback]

No Joe Burns isn't a very good football player but he scored higher on the wonderlic then the pet rock.

BTW Burns had a 16 on his wonderlic. What's was the Pet Rocks something like and 8 or 9 I think.

So is the trade offer Henry AND a draft pick for Shelton, Henry for Shelton straight-up, Henry for a swap of 2nd round picks, or Shelton for ACTUAL pet rocks?  Or is Green REALLY telling the truth?

292814[/snapback]

Last time I heard it was Henry for Josh McCown and a pack of Michelob.

also sounds like rhetoric...  When it comes down to it, LJ shelton will be a buffalo bill in 6 months, and travis henry will be an arizona cardinal.  It's just a matter of how it goes down.

292647[/snapback]

Isn't it all in the way it goes down? Shelton will be dealt because he must be dealt at 3 mil as a backup! TH is under a 1.5 mil and would not profit by sulking his way through next year. We do not have to trade TH. There are other things, other players, draft needs, and just be patient because not pulling the trigger- say WM gets hurt- may be rewarded.

No Joe Burns isn't a very good football player but he scored higher on the wonderlic then the pet rock.

BTW Burns had a 16 on his wonderlic.  What's was the Pet Rocks something like and 8 or 9 I think.

292692[/snapback]

The word within the context of your first sentence should read "than" and not "then." A dubious mistake for a grown man with the cajones to make fun of other people's intelligence, especially people like Travis Henry who have documented learning disabilities...

Oh well. Sorry for the brief disagreement with you and with the other members of the assembled TBD Rhodes Scholars Corp. By all means, continue with the incessant "Henry is stupid" jokes. A few hundred more times, and maybe these comments will start becoming funny.

And if they don't, you can always switch to the "Henry is a child molester" put-downs. I mean, when a 50+ year old Bruce Willis bangs 18 yr old Lindsay Lohan, thats pretty cool! But a 19 year old having consensual sex with a 15 year old who lied about her age? Oooooh, that just pisses me off! Let's lynch this Henry !@#$er right now on this board! Yeah!

- KH

Guest BackInDaDay
The word within the context of your first sentence should read "than" and not "then." A dubious mistake for a grown man with the cajones to make fun of other people's intelligence, especially people like Travis Henry who have a documented learning disability...

Oh well. Sorry for the brief disagreement with you and with the other members of the assembled TBD Rhodes Scholars Corp. By all means, continue with the incessant "Henry is stupid" jokes. A few hundred more times, and maybe these comments will start becoming funny.

And if they don't, you can always switch to the "Henry is a child molester" put-downs. I mean, when a 50+ year old Bruce Willis bangs 18 yr old Lindsay Lohan, thats pretty cool! But a 19 year old having consensual sex with a 15 year old who lied about her age? Oooooh, that just pisses me off! Let's lynch this Henry !@#$er right now on this board! Yeah!

- KH

292844[/snapback]

I don't understand the ridicule for Henry. I would think that Bills' fans would appreciate a player who busted his ass for the team. Has he taken his demotion well? No. So what? That's the business end of the NFL, that many young men aren't prepared for properly.

Feelings of anger, dissapointment, rejection and betrayal are normal reactions to a wounded ego.

Here, fellow posters lament their loss of employment, girlfriends, and hockey seasons to all. To be honest, I could give two craps for all of the whining on this board.

When someone here posts how they had two consecutive thousand yard seasons in the NFL, made the Pro Bowl and then was made trade-bait, I'll listen to that gripe. :o

I don't understand the ridicule for Henry.  I would think that Bills' fans would appreciate a player who busted his ass for the team.  Has he taken his demotion well? No. So what? That's the business end of the NFL, that many young men aren't prepared for properly.

Feelings of anger, dissapointment, rejection and betrayal are normal reactions to a wounded ego. 

Here, fellow posters lament their loss of employment, girlfriends, and hockey seasons to all.  To be honest, I could give two craps for all of the whining on this board.

When someone here posts how they had two consecutive thousand yard seasons in the NFL, made the Pro Bowl and then was made trade-bait, I'll listen to that gripe.  :o

292855[/snapback]

post of the year. hands down. backindaday my ass. you're all about today, man. rock on. :w00t:

I don't understand the ridicule for Henry.

I can only surmise that it involved being snubbed for an autograph or possibly knowing or being related to that 15-year old tramp. Outside of that, Travis has given everything for the Bills and being the competitor that he is, rightfully felt slighted when the Bills drafted McGahee.