Is it wrong to hate mulch?

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I don't HATE Tiger Woods.

I just don't understand the ceaseless fawning he receives in the media.

Can you please try to stay on topic?

i can't stand that bull####.  i don't even put it down anymore, but it usually take 11-12 yards (i think) to do the deed, and it just gets expensive.  it looks nice for a bit, but the dog rolls in it, it's a pain to rake as others have mentioned, still get weeds through it, etc.  we put some stone in some beds, but you just can't use it all over the yard. 

8 minutes ago, teef said:

i can't stand that bull####.  i don't even put it down anymore, but it usually take 11-12 yards (i think) to do the deed, and it just gets expensive.  it looks nice for a bit, but the dog rolls in it, it's a pain to rake as others have mentioned, still get weeds through it, etc.  we put some stone in some beds, but you just can't use it all over the yard. 

I don't mulch around my trees.  I just mow the grass as close as I can then I use the edge trimmer.

colored stones are prettier 

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I don't mulch around my trees.  I just mow the grass as close as I can then I use the edge trimmer.

colored stones are prettier 

the original owner way over landscaped our yard.  every damn tree had a bed around it.  i had them take out a number of bushes and small trees just to clean things up.  it's annoying.