Govt officials are so full of hooey

Or perhaps they just all forgot.

Christmas, 1994. Islamic wingnuts take over an Air France airbus as it prepares to depart Algiers bound for Paris. They demand to be flown to Paris to "hold a press conference". They manage to get to Marseille, but no further, in spite of repeated requests to refuel the plane to the gills for a relatively short flight to Paris for their press conference.

Except of course, that wasn't really the plan.

"There were reasons Flight 8969 could under no circumstances be allowed to fly to Paris or indeed leave Marseilles.

Intelligence officers at the French Embassy in Algiers had received an urgent call from a paid informant in the Islamic underground, saying that the AIG planned to blow up the airbus over Paris, crashing it into the middle of the city. The information appeared to have some corroboration from some of the sixty-three passengers who had been released in Algiers. Several said that they had heard the four gunmen, who seemed highly fanatical, talk repeatedly about flying to the eternal paradise and make many references to "Allah's perpetual white light"--the Islamic vision of holy death. The possibility of a Lockerbie-type terrorist air disaster over the French capital was being taken very seriously." (source: Special Operations.com. Or if that's too far out for you, Time Magazine. Or, do your own search - you'll find it all over...reference to using a commercial airliner as a bomb. Old news now...but a big surprise in 2001.)

Fast forward to April 8, 2004:

"I do not remember any reports to us, a kind of strategic warning, that planes might be used as weapons." (National Security Advisor testimony)

There were standing orders to the military as to how to respond to hijackings over United States territory. They were to be scrambled immediately upon notification from the FAA. The June 1, 2001 document changed those policies:

"b. Support.

When notified that military assistance is needed in

conjunction with an aircraft piracy (hijacking) emergency,

the DDO, NMCC, will:

(1) Determine whether or not the assistance needed is reasonably available from police or commercial sources. If not, the DDO, NMCC, will notify the appropriate unified command or NORAD to determine if suitable assets are available and will forward the request to the Secretary of Defense for approval in accordance with DODD 3025.15, paragraph D.7 (reference d)."

But when AA77 hit the Pentagon, the Secretary of Defense claimed to be as surprised as everyone else, thinking it was a bomb. Didn't anyone tell the man that a plane or two may have been hijacked so that he could so his duty? Is CNN so "left" that it's banned at the Pentagon, and no-one knew about the WTC?

I accept the fact that 9/11 happened and that humans all err and that perhaps it was inevitable - but to continue to plead ignorance that this could happen means only one of two things: either our governmental representatives are REALLY stupid...or the French are REALLY smart. Maybe the latter, because the death toll in that case was less than 5...

But enough of that - I wonder what's going on in the Michael Jackson case.

hey, nice to have you back on board. Are those black feathers I see sticking out of your mouth? :P

Yes, the administration made a ton of mistakes and is obviously not coming totally clean about things. It sucks.

hey, nice to have you back on board. Are those black feathers I see sticking out of your mouth?  :P

Yes, the administration made a ton of mistakes and is obviously not coming totally clean about things. It sucks.

291576[/snapback]

Wait, you're saying politicians lie? I'll alert the media.

I agree Deb, the errors that led to 9-11 happened long before that day arrived. The whole "we never fathomed they'd do that with planes" position that Condi Rice and others stated was obviously b.s. Unfortunately, it's political reality that they'd never respond any other way.

Or they could have read the Clancy book "Debt of Honor".

291603[/snapback]

Or they could have watched the premeire episode of Fox's TV show "The Lone Gunmen" where the stars foil a plot to fly a plane into the World Trade Center by remote control (quickly picked up as fact by prisonplanet.com).

Or they could have watched the premeire episode of Fox's TV show "The Lone Gunmen" where the stars foil a plot to fly a plane into the World Trade Center by remote control (quickly picked up as fact by prisonplanet.com).

292179[/snapback]

I didn't see that but "Debt of Honor" came out in the mid '90s and I'm quite sure there are plenty of people in the intelligence industry who read it.

I didn't see that but "Debt of Honor" came out in the mid '90s and I'm quite sure there are plenty of people in the intelligence industry who read it.

292185[/snapback]

It was the X-Files spinoff from back in the late 90s. The big conspiracy for the first episode was crashing a passenger jet into the WTC to boost sales for the defense industry.

there was also a deranged man that tried to hijack a plane in DC in the early 70s with plans to crash it into the White House. The maniac got into the cockpit but an alert security guard shot him. Sure politicians lie to cover their ass. Do you just realize this now? Its not like its partisan. Democrats lie too- I think even more. Regardless its a flaw in our system- we dont hold our elected officials to their word. Its our fault. We accept when a President says "I didnt inhale" or "A blowjob isnt sex" or when a Supreme Court nominee says "I never thought of Roe vs Wade" etc. Dont be so paritisan- they all lie!