Do you really need to have a top tier #1 WR to be successful?

Magox

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think Bandits got it right.

Id love Julio but that seems pretty unrealistic right about now.... as does Golden Tate or Tyrell. 

A big target via the draft, who can catch those 50/50 balls to compliment the recievers they've got would be ideal.

Bandit has it right.........those guys fit those roles.

And I think on the whole they will certainly help Allen improve.

But I think in big games this might not be enough firepower to elevate the young QB.

Now maybe...HOPEFULLY....... Robert Foster turns into a near Tyreek Hill level #1 and fills that superstar role and this all becomes moot.............but if not I think there will likely be some big games where the camera is flipping around to glassy eyed stares of realization from Allen, McD and Pegs in big games where good teams are able to matchup and shut down these guys the Bills just signed. 

It's a matchup league.   And with a young QB more of the matchup emphasis goes to the receiver, IMO.

So while a good player like Cole Beasley might be great matchup in the slot with a wise veteran passer throwing him open all day........he might look a lot different with Allen against a top defense.   Those throws might not even happen.    Or they may be contested etc..