Buffalo Sports Team Naming Concept

JGMcD2

7 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I wonder how many armchair wiki warriors bothered to read the section called "Philosophy".. you know the part where they talk about how Bill Cody was a staunch conservationist?  who would have been appalled at the thought of the virtual extinction of the American Bison?  and how he hated that the US Gov't broke treaty after treaty with the Indians whom he considered to be Real Americans?   And how he insisted that his audiences witness the way they value culture and family - in an age  when many if not most people dismissed them as "savages" ?  Or publicly spoke in support of Women's Suffrage at a time it would have been difficult to do so?  Missed that part did you?  Or perhaps you just dismissed it because it doesn't fit with your crusade.  Well by all means, carry on!  He killed Buffalo he must be evil!!  /triggered

Clearly you hate animals and Native Americans!

8 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I wonder how many armchair wiki warriors bothered to read the section called "Philosophy".. you know the part where they talk about how Bill Cody was a staunch conservationist?  who would have been appalled at the thought of the virtual extinction of the American Bison?  and how he hated that the US Gov't broke treaty after treaty with the Indians whom he considered to be Real Americans?   And how he insisted that his audiences witness the way they value culture and family - in an age  when many if not most people dismissed them as "savages" ?  Or publicly spoke in support of Women's Suffrage at a time it would have been difficult to do so?  Missed that part did you?  Or perhaps you just dismissed it because it doesn't fit with your crusade.  Well by all means, carry on!  He killed Buffalo he must be evil!!  /triggered

Who are these armchair Wiki Warriors you speak of? They sound woefully uninformed. 

12 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Buffalo Frackers would be insulting to environmentalists.

You can’t please everybody, plus that demographic is probably in the minority when it comes to football. 

11 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I know you jest, but Buffalo Bill really did participate in a staggering slaughter on the plains in the late 1860s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Bill. That said, he is one of the more interesting people in American history, and probably the biggest US star of the late 19th century. 

Most interesting to me, though, is the last entry on the Congo. Do you remember that news video clip from a few years back of a scene in the Congo in which a young guy with a Bills jersey was running alongside a tank? It was some sort of melee, and there was a discussion of it on the board (for the life of me, I can't find it. Damn.).  I just figured the guy was wearing a Bills Super Bowl victory jersey given that that gear usually ends up in the poorer countries of the world, but there may be more to it than I thought!

Photo-op?

12 hours ago, cba fan said:

some choices I would consider over that list. (I choose Blue Collars for uniqueness and as some posters think this is for a baseball team so it is a good baseball name as their nicknames do not typically need to be masculine and aggressive like football)

I like Buffalo Soldiers. (great historical reference if done right could be very positive)(might have racist overtones so tread lightly)

and Buffalo Nickels.(one choice for Buffalo football team way back in 40's)

and Buffalo Barrels. (sounds better than Niagara Falls)

and Buffalo Breakers(like better then IceBreakers)(mix waves on shore with snow/ice shipbreakers) maybe logo like USFL Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers helmet.

Like all almost equally although Nickels would incorporate a nice Bison logo. And mascot could be a Bison wearing a barrel. Logo would be a Wooden Nickel with Bison on it.

Can you tell us what sport this is?

Soldiers all the way. With so many players wearing dreadlocks, it is perfect. But the colors would have to change to red, yellow and green.