The Bizarre World of Frank Zappa Hologram Tour

T&C

Dates announced earlier... you people in the NE are lucky dogs.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/frank-zappa-hologram-tour-dates/

The 'Bizarre World of Frank Zappa' Tour
4/19 – Port Chester, NY, Capitol Theater
4/20 – Rochester, NY, Kodak Center Theater
4/22 – Red Bank, NJ, Count Basie
4/24 – Long Island, NY, Paramount Theatre
4/26 – Boston, MA, Shubert
4/28 – Albany, NY, The Palace Theatre
05/1 – Wilkes Barre, PA, Kirby Center
05/2 – Collingswood, NJ, Scottish Rite Auditorium
05/3 – Baltimore, MD, the Modell Lyric

Edited by T&C
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Has anybody seen one of these hologram shows? The Roy Orbison one came through Houston a few months ago, but that just seems like an odd choice. I'm a Roy Orbison fan, but he wasn't really known as a showman. 

that was hyper-inflation over nothing to the point of knocking the earth off its orbit

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Has anybody seen one of these hologram shows? The Roy Orbison one came through Houston a few months ago, but that just seems like an odd choice. I'm a Roy Orbison fan, but he wasn't really known as a showman. 

I never have but I'd for Sure hit this one up if it was within a few states of Florida. Would call this one legit... Frank spoke of holograms back in the late 80's. Unreleased 74 material is a winner.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, T&C said:

Anyone here going?

Probably not. The Zappa sibling version of Family Feud leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I saw Dweezil's Zappa Plays Zappa show a few times and it was great. The cease and desist order preventing him from touring as Zappa Plays Zappa didn't sit well with me.

On the flip side, the hologram tour includes Ray White who played with Frank and ZPZ as well as Joe Travers who was phenomenal with ZPZ. I was surprised to see both on the hologram tour. The other wild card is which night(s) Steve Vai will play. He grew up fairly close to the show I'd go to. If I knew he was playing that night I'd have my ticket already.

Taking a wait and see approach which more than likely means I won't go.