My baby went off to Kindergarten today

Thailog80

It's been my little girl (Avery) and I together at home for four years now. Today the big bad mean school system took her away for six hours a day. Talk about daddy's heart breaking....I miss her terribly already. But we're coming to Buffalo on Saturday..........WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been my liitle girl and I together at home for four years now. Today the big bad mean school system took her away for six hours a day. Talk about daddy's heart breaking....I miss her terribly already. But we're coming to Buffalo on Saturday..........WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

21644[/snapback]

Congrats!!!

I remember taking my oldest to Kindegarten as if it were yesterday, and she is now a college junior.

There were kids crying, but my daughter was looking forward to school and marched right in. The problem was not her, it was me. I was so emotionally shaken, I needed time alone to get myself together.

Enjoy these precious days. ;)

T- We sent daughter #2 to K in mid August...she's our actress and drama queen. Sings every word in conversation. I usually work from home one or two days a week and she is definitely a light up your life kid. Miss her as well. As you know, that transition is really hard on mom and dad....

My wife and I have temporarily solved the issue by restocking the preK pool---we have a 2 year old son and at 44 I am going to be a dad for the 4th time in February....I wouldn't recommend that strategy though....let's see I figure I will finish paying for college right when I am ready to switch to Depends.....

Congrats!!!

I remember taking my oldest to Kindegarten as if it were yesterday, and she is now a college junior.

There were kids crying, but my daughter was looking forward to school and marched right in. The problem was not her, it was me. I was so emotionally shaken, I needed time alone to get myself together.

Enjoy these precious days.  ;)

21655[/snapback]

Sounds like my little girl. She was ready...I was not.

Ah feel yo' pain, T80. My baby girl heads off to all-day kindergarten tomorrow. She's been going to nursery and pre-K half days for the last two years so I probably won't be as verklempt about it, but I'm sure it will hit me tomorrow when I drop her off.

And I recommend JoeF's strategy of restocking -- got a 20-month old boy myself. Who will probably miss his sister even more than his parents do, and that's a lot.

Ah feel yo' pain, T80.  My baby girl heads off to all-day kindergarten tomorrow.  She's been going to nursery and pre-K half days for the last two years so I probably won't be as verklempt about it, but I'm sure it will hit me tomorrow when I drop her off.

And I recommend JoeF's strategy of restocking -- got a 20-month old boy myself.  Who will probably miss his sister even more than his parents do, and that's a lot.

21669[/snapback]

Two is plenty....I had a tough time with my boy too but we had the little one. Now the little one is off to school. I stayed until ten this morning until they tossed us out ;) . Some people just tossed their kids in there and said bye and left the kid blubbering and scared....that pissed me off.

I know the feeling!

My daughter just started 6th grade and my son 3rd.

I feel bad for them that summer is over.

They will miss school monday so they can go with Daddy and Mommy to the Bills game. And we will use Monday as a travel day back to NJ.

tmk-nj

Tom

I know the feeling!

They will miss school monday so they can go with Daddy and Mommy to the Bills game.  And we will use Monday as a travel day back to NJ.

tmk-nj

Tom

21676[/snapback]

Tom ...Did you get my PM?

I know the feeling!

They will miss school monday so they can go with Daddy and Mommy to the Bills game.  And we will use Monday as a travel day back to NJ.

tmk-nj

Tom

21676[/snapback]

I can't wait to take my kids to the Bills games. But at 5 and almost 2, they're not quite ready yet. I think the boy will be ready earlier than the girl, only because he displays a greater ability to sit still than she ever did. :doh:

I'm taking the girl to the Syracuse-UB game on Saturday night, though, to start breaking her in. I'll probably take her to a few Penfield football games this fall since my buddy's nephew is their quarterback (and the first good one Penfield has had since his father and uncle QB'd there in the early '70s).

Then my dad and I go to the game Sunday. We're sitting in the Jim Kelly Club! Woo hoo! ;)

It's been my little girl (Avery) and I together at home for four years now. Today the big bad mean school system took her away for six hours a day. Talk about daddy's heart breaking....I miss her terribly already. But we're coming to Buffalo on Saturday..........WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

21644[/snapback]

Did she wear her Bill's shirt? ;)

My daughter started 2nd grade today. I wish I could just freeze her in time. She's so friggin' cute right now. Rarely gives the Mrs. and I any hard times. I KNOW that will change ! :doh:

I guess I know how my parents felt....about my sister...

They couldn't WAIT for me to leave... ;):P