If you are India - RUN

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's this I hear about Japan possibly being affected? My sister is living there...

289004[/snapback]

japan is too far away to be affected...but should an earthquake hit near them, they'd have plenty to worry about

they're hardcore on the earthquake engineering research though...i'd venture to say they're the most advanced in the world on such matters as earthquakes seem to happen there all the time (mostly too minor to worry about)...my dad's an earthquake engineer (used to be with MCEER at UB) and he travels to japan alot to do work with them and he says their facilities are simply amazing

Was this post supposed to be phylosophical?

If you are India, RUN?

Perhaps it was meant to motivate "Indians" to run?

There is a tribe of native indians in Mexico that are world renowned for thier running of extreme long distances.

Then again perhaps it meant if you are in India, RUN...

Who really knows...

Anyways, I hope there is no Tsunami, and that all people don't have to RUN, unless their in a marathon, or the olympics........

I figured I'd try to lighten the mood......

She's taking it out on the wrong people.

289178[/snapback]

How do you figure?

I recall two friggin weeks after 9/11, the good people in of Indonesia marching by the thousands in the streets, yelling death to america, and burning our flages. And we had't done anything yet but pull bodies out of the rumble.

And when they got hit, we sent a aircraft carrier and hundreds of millions of dollars.

Nice.

I had a brother who lived there for aw hile, and told me how they tourched towns in East Timor, just because they were Christians. They are one of the most hatefull group on the planet, if you are not muslim. Very nice.

I will feel sorry for people in India and Japan if they are effected.

She's taking it out on the wrong people.

289178[/snapback]

i wouldn't say "wrong" exactly

when i visited kuala lumpur and jakarta in 1996, i met some of the nastiest people ever...they don't like you if you're not one of them (not even sure if it's muslim vs non muslim issue)...that simple

i was there for a swim competition...my team captain got into a cab and handed the cabbie a piece of paper with his housing address...the cab driver took it, started cursing and set the piece of paper on fire IN HIS CAB with a lighter...my team captain bolted

when walking from our host homes to the competition, we were berated and spat on...at times, we seriously feared for our lives as truckloads of locals would drive by waving machetes while jeering

in 1998 i think, there were huge riots in jakarta...all foreign shops were destroyed and foreigners fled to other countries like singapore...i know the international school of jakarta held graduate ceremonies for their seniors in singapore

i know after 9-11 they forbid athletes from leaving the site of competition or their host homes...i'm not even sure if they hold competitions in indonesia anymore due to safety concerns

Even though I am fairly sensitive to other cultures, etc....

Lets be totally realistic,

Muslim people get mad because we say they are terrorists.

But, there aren't many swiss, italian, french, german people hijacking airliners and flying them into building killing thousands.

Come to think of it, there aren't any other people making car bombs and blowing people up, anywhere. It seems limited to the Muslim faith. I'll probably get harrassed for this, but its how I feel.

Got a few buddies over in Iraq, they feel the exact same way.

This from MSNBC.com

"The only tsunami reported within four hours was a tiny one — less than 4 inches — at the Cocos Islands, 1,400 miles west of Australia, meteorologists in Sydney said."

Surfers heaven. :blink:

Seriously though, several hundred reported dead from the quake.

How do you figure?

I recall two friggin weeks after 9/11, the good people in of Indonesia marching by the thousands in the streets, yelling death to america, and burning our flages. And we had't done anything yet but pull bodies out of the rumble.

And when they got hit, we sent a aircraft carrier and hundreds of millions of dollars.

Nice.

I had a brother who lived there for aw hile, and told me how they tourched towns in East Timor, just because they were Christians. They are one of the most hatefull group on the planet, if you are not muslim. Very nice.

I will feel sorry for people in India and Japan if they are effected.

289258[/snapback]

It would seem to me that if Mother Nature wanted to !@#$ with someone, her motivation would be because someone was messing with her turf.

I'm fairly certain that India is not near the wasteful pollutant-crazy society that we are. I'm no tree-hugger, but we here in America mess with Mother Nature's domain more than anyone from Indonesia, I'm willing to bet. Unless, of course, the Indians don't think twice about throwing their fast food wrappers and drink cups to the side of the road so they can get washed down a sewer and sent into the ocean.

That's all I was saying. They may not be the most empathetic people in the world, but considering how much more advanced we are here, you'd think we wouldn't be such pigs. If Mother Nature had a bone to pick, it would surely be with us first.

They have been saying for a while that the December quake in releasing stress at one point will shift the stress at other points on the same fault, and any other nearby faults. They have been expecting there would be additional major quakes. in the exact same area where the quake occurred today.

Even though I am fairly sensitive to other cultures, etc....

Lets be totally realistic,

Muslim people get mad because we say they are terrorists.

But, there aren't many swiss, italian, french, german people hijacking airliners and flying them into building killing thousands.

Come to think of it, there aren't any other people making car bombs and blowing people up, anywhere.  It seems limited to the Muslim faith.  I'll probably get harrassed for this, but its how I feel.

Got a few buddies over in Iraq, they feel the exact same way.

289281[/snapback]

Well, our Irish friends have been known to wreak havoc in Northern Ireland.