Not so fun fact-QB 3000 Yd Passing seasons

BobbyC81

4 hours ago, MJS said:

I compared him to guys from his time and guys from the 50's and 60's. I didn't mention anyone from today's game.

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Dan Marino still sits at #5 all time in pass attempts to this day, so that INT number on its own is a bit misleading. His career INT % is 3.0, which is right in the zip code of the top passers of his era. John Elway had a 3.2 INT % , Joe Montana 2.6%, Warren Moon 3.4%, Dan Fouts 4.3%. Simply put, Marino played in a different era of NFL football. That always needs to be a consideration. Your contention that Peyton Manning is “ up there “ in INTs doesn’t hold water. Manning currently stands at 3rd all time in pass attempts and his career INT % was just 2.7. 

I was half asleep on my post thank you for following up.  Hes 5th in his peer group in TD:INT ratio was what I was trying to say.  27th alltime and guess what era the majority of guys ahead of him played in, You think maybe theres a corolation MJS.

Thanks Boatdrinks.  Its nice to see someone willing to dig deeper as I am getting exhausted will trying to explain the difference in the two eras to those who arnt so willing.  Although sometimes I proove myself wrong at least I end up with a good understanding of whos who in sports history

7 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Joe Flacco won a superbowl as did Trent Dilfer and Doug Williams I guess those are 3 of the all-time greats there.

That's a very silly stance.  You need great stats PLUS some SB's (the more the better) to ever be considered GOAT.  Just the way it is.

Edited by WhyteDwarf

23 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Youll notice the only QB on that list that is not from the Everything benefits the passing game era and he isnt toward the bottom.

That is one of the reasons I say Dan Marino is the GOAT and it is possible that an actual goat may have been better than some of the WRs and RBs he had at his disposal.

Merino is the most overrated QB of all time.  He was an excellent passer but not a great QB.  Telegraphed the run game.  Terrible situational game manager.  He is the reason his teams did not have a better run game.

Even with an all time great coach,

and then Jimmy Johnson at the end, was only able to reach SB once .   Dolphins had plenty of talent during his career.

I would take Kelly in his prime over Marino every time.   Kelly made his teammates better.

48 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

That's a very silly stance.  You need great stats PLUS some SB's (the more the better) to ever be considered GOAT.  Just the way it is.

I completely disagree.  The SB is a team accomplishment.  Could you put the GOAT on a bad team and win SBs.  I think not.  Could you put any of the three I mentioned on Great teams and win one.  History proves it.

31 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I completely disagree.  The SB is a team accomplishment.  Could you put the GOAT on a bad team and win SBs.  I think not.  Could you put any of the three I mentioned on Great teams and win one.  History proves it.

I'm not saying the way it is is correct, but it is the way it is :)  For QB's anyways, they need SB victories to be in the conversation.