Bills fall from 6th to 10th in Draft Order

Big Turk

6 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

This area makes taking an offensive player more realistic. At 6, the value is on D

Probably, but it's not set in stone.  There are certainly a lot more defensive players that are rated in the top 10 of the draft, but a few prognosticators think that either Jonah Williams or Greg Little might be worth a top 5 pick.  Of course, it really depends on what the Bills and Brandon Beane think.  Then of course, there is the possibility of a trade.  We haven't even mentioned what the Bills might do in free agency.  I don't think it's at all a tragedy if the Bills are picking 10th.

On 12/17/2018 at 10:51 AM, Nextmanup said:

Better is still better.

Higher draft pick is better than lower.

All things being equal a higher draft pick is better.  I'm rooting for other teams to win to improve our draft status wherever we end up.

But the big part people pretend doesn't exist sometimes is that all things are NOT equal, and Josh Allen and the Bills beating the Lions as part of their development into a successful quarterback and a winning team respectively has real value, and I would strongly argue that in the vast majority of situations has more value than the improved draft position.

So I hope that we win our next two games and finish 7-9, because that has a real value, and dropping from 10 to 16 or whatever in the process is fine with me, and I think worth LESS than those two wins would be.