Pistol-packing parochial Pickens person perforates pistol-packing punk

7 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Good for her, a responsible legally-armed gun owner who used her rights to defend herself. One less deadbeat on the street/in our jails.

**I'm not a gun person but this woman did what she needed to do, legally.**

She could have put two in the back of his head while he was face down and handcuffed and it would be ok with me.

24 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Call it a wash.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/07/hero-sergeant-in-thousand-oaks-massacre-was-killed-by-friendly-fire/amp/

Yeah guns!  Good for her, but the numbers the other way gotta be out of the park. Do they even keep track of those numbers?

Sorry, Exiled, but how do the two incidents even compare?

An officer accidentally  killed by a fellow officer during a bloody shootout, vs. an elderly woman with a concealed weapon permit defending herself from possible robbery, rape, and murder in her own home - I don’t see the connection.

Edited by The Senator

1 minute ago, The Senator said:

Sorry, Exiled, but how do the two incidents even compare?

An officer accidentally  killed by a fellow officer during a bloody shootout, vs. an elderly woman with a concealed weapon permit defending herself from possible robbery, rape, and murder in her own home - I don’t see the connection.

They don't compare.

Just goes to show you what crazy gun culture we have.  People shooting it out everywhere. Good, bad, collateral damage... It's the wild west.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They don't compare.

Just goes to show you what crazy gun culture we have.  People shooting it out everywhere. Good, bad, collateral damage... It's the wild west.

OK, I sort of agree, but officers trying to subdue shooters is not “Wild West”.  An elderly woman defending herself against an intruder in the middle of the night is not “Wild West”.

Now, the gangland warfare and driveby shootings going on in our inner cities, THAT’S Wild West.  But most, if not all, of the guns used in those incidents are illegally obtained. Granted, some of the weapons are legally obtained, like we have seen in the recent spate of school mass murders.  Certainly , when some nut comes into a gun store and purchases a dozen weapons and several hundred rounds, it should raise an eyebrow and the individual should probably be detained, investigated, placed under surveillance, etc.

But those are strong arguments for law-abiding citizens to be licensed to legally own guns to defend themselves, and more armed guards in our schools to defend helpless children.

JMO

Edited by The Senator