Chad Owens

qrtrnose

Chad Owens:

This is my official #1 sleeper pick in the entire draft. Chad Owens is absolutely what you want on your football team. He is the hardest working player in college football. This kid walked on at Hawaii, not only made the team but made the starting team, led the team in receiving the past two seasons with over a thousand yards in each, is the heart and soul of a team whose quarterback just broke the NCAA passing record, is a serious threat returning kicks, and has sweet tattoos. 3,039 yards receiving and 39 touchdowns, 1,014 yards on punt returns and 6 touchdowns, 1,354 yards on kick returns and 2 touchdowns. What more do you want? Chad Owens looks sweet, and he plays sweet. The knock on Owens is his height. He's 5'9", not real big at all for an NFL receiver. Don't let that height fool you. Chad Owens plays football like he's seven feet tall. Physical specimen, enormous heart, and enormous work ethic. This is the biggest sleeper pick in the entire draft.

Hows about drafting CHad Owens who finished in the top 5 for catches/game, yards, td's and yac. He is much more polished than Reed, and is by far the quickest (not fastest) receiver in the draft. I think he is more than worth a late frist day early second day pick. He would be a playmaker, and a real 3rd option.

Chad Owens:

This is my official #1 sleeper pick in the entire draft. Chad Owens is absolutely what you want on your football team. He is the hardest working player in college football. This kid walked on at Hawaii, not only made the team but made the starting team, led the team in receiving the past two seasons with over a thousand yards in each, is the heart and soul of a team whose quarterback just broke the NCAA passing record, is a serious threat returning kicks, and has sweet tattoos. 3,039 yards receiving and 39 touchdowns, 1,014 yards on punt returns and 6 touchdowns, 1,354 yards on kick returns and 2 touchdowns. What more do you want? Chad Owens looks sweet, and he plays sweet. The knock on Owens is his height. He's 5'9", not real big at all for an NFL receiver. Don't let that height fool you. Chad Owens plays football like he's seven feet tall. Physical specimen, enormous heart, and enormous work ethic. This is the biggest sleeper pick in the entire draft.

Hows about drafting CHad Owens who finished in the top 5  for catches/game, yards, td's and yac.  He is much more polished than Reed, and is by far the quickest (not fastest) receiver in the draft.  I think he is more than worth a late frist day early second day pick.  He would be a playmaker, and a real 3rd option.

286614[/snapback]

maybe then we can bring back flutie and have a quarterback and a tight end that are not capable of seeing over the line.

I watched him play quite a bit when i was here in Hawaii last fall. He looks smaller than 5'9" from what I remember. I thought he might make a decent return man. Not too sure about a good wide receiver but stranger things have happened.

5'9!?  Are you kidding me?  That kid will get absolutely destroyed in the NFL.  I dont doubt that he wont be able to catch the ball in the NFL, but at that size he is going to get demolished by opposing Defenses.  I'll definitely pass.

286632[/snapback]

Thanks for not being on the scouting department that liked A. Winfield and Steve Tasker. :blink:

This Owens guy reminds me of when Marcus Stiggers was a draft prospect a few years ago. He was smallish too (about 5-5 or so, I think), but was a prospect because of his great speed (4.2). The Redskins even had him in their training camp that year, and I got to see him return some kicks. He was clueless. Next thing I knew they had cut him and I haven't seem him on an NFL roster since.

Chad Owens:

Hows about drafting CHad Owens who finished in the top 5  for catches/game, yards, td's and yac.  He is much more polished than Reed, and is by far the quickest (not fastest) receiver in the draft.  I think he is more than worth a late frist day early second day pick.  He would be a playmaker, and a real 3rd option.

286614[/snapback]

I guess you think he's "sweet"? :blink:

Thanks for not being on the scouting department that liked A. Winfield and Steve Tasker.   :doh:

286721[/snapback]

Trust me, you dont want this kid on the team. He basically managed to get open in college by just being faster then some of the poor secondaries in the WAC the last few years. Not only that, but he measured in at The Combine at 5'7. He'd get absolutely destroyed in the NFL if he played WR. I have oodles of respect for a kid who tries as hard as he does, but considering he did all of his best work in a wide-open and pass-happy system in Hawaii makes me think he's a short, system WR who might catch on in the AFL, but will never be an NFL WR.