Bills vs. Dolphins All-22 Coaches Film Reviews

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Honest question- was it really Edmunds man or did Poyer over commit.  I heard them talking on SiriusXM NFL about the play and they thought man coverage, but when the RB leaked out to his side it became Poyer’s man and he got over anxious to try and get the big sack.

I am not sure, but if that was Edmunds man - he never even moves to cover that area even as the RB is sprinting out.  He starts to run after the TE shoves him that way past the wash.

Poyer on the other hand gets several steps in and seems to have an “Oh No moment” where he sees the RB break - Poyer widens the rush up field to get in between and jumps before giving chase.

I am not sure because typically in straight man that should be Edmunds man based upon lineup, but did they expect the RB to block the blitzer and therefore Edmunds drops coverage?  It just seems weird because he has his eyes on the back, but never even moves to cover.  I would love to hear what the coaching staff had called and if this was something designed just for this type of play and the safety got over excited- like the delayed Bush blitz if the TE stays in.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

Watching the video - I took a still shot at 0:53 seconds and it is just before Tannehill passes the ball - Edmunds is watching Tannehill - flat footed right in the gap created by the pass rush.  I believe it looks to me like he is playing a spy role on Tannehill.

At that same moment - the Blitzing Poyer stops his rush - realizes the RB is not going to block him and adjusts his angle upfield.  

I think the coverage was a bracket between Poyer and Edmunds on the RB and the QB.  I believe if the RB leaks out to the defenses left - he is Edmunds responsibility and Poyer has Tannehill.  If the RB comes across to the defenses right as he does - he becomes Poyers man and Edmunds spy’s Tannehill.  

The only guys who know for sure would be the team and coaches as they watch film.  I just do not want to lay this on Edmunds as it looks like he is spying Tannehill and assume he blew the coverage- maybe he did, but he sure never reacts like it was his man.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/3/2018 at 4:36 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

The All-22 Coaches Film is available for Week 13 via GamePass.

Cover 1 has already begun posting clips without the full benefit of seeing the entire field.

Just want to thank you for all the awesome content you post.  I really appreciate it! 

• Thank you (+1) 1