Bills alltime record vs. Dolphins

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Boatdrinks did a fine job explaining why Jerry Bergman was the most hated ref in history by Bills fans. We had clearly taken over that game after being down at the half and Bergman single-handedly snuffed out whatever momentum we had. 

Wade Phillips dialed up a masterful game plan that day; one of the best ever, imo. What he did with Mecklenberg at MLB and Atwater and Smith at the safety spots was ingenious. The only way I can describe it is that it was the football equivalent of the triangle and 2 defense. Those three players choked the Bills all day long and Marchibroda, Kelly, and the offense were clueless as to how to solve it.  

Elway for what it’s worth was similarly ineffective that day to the Bills’ D credit—he and Kelly basically mirrored each other’s stats. I’d forgotten Kubiak played at all, and led all qbs with 136 yds that day! lol. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199201120buf.htm

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I remember a comment he made one time about why he hated Bills fans so much, it kinda went like this ...

When we go up to Buffalo and our fans go into their stadium they get the **** kicked out of them by Bills fans. Then the Bills come down to Miami and their fans come down and kick the **** out of our fans in our own stadium, that's why I hate them.

Ha. But don't think that's reality... At least not anymore. I bring opposing fans to games and 99% of fans go out of their way to be cool to them. My buddies have even commented that they love going to bills games even not being bills fans. I like that. 

On 11/30/2018 at 3:00 PM, GRHater69 said:

20 losses in the 70s and then the down period in the mid 80s pre Kelly really gives them an edge. I sat through that entire 70s decade and it was very frustrating. We could just never get past them. Sometime the refs made sure of that. I still get mad thinking about the Pat Toomey game and the BS that went into that call. Beating them in 1980 with the fans tearing down the goalposts was a fantastic moment.

now it's the Pats