Shady McCoy: What Makes Allen Special and What He Can Do for the Run Game

26CornerBlitz

I am really hoping that in the offseason we aggressively address the offensive line....that is what is REALLY going to help Shady and Josh

You have defenders still at the feet or hitting Josh when he stands in and throws the ball....you do not have the holes for Shady to get his initial burst through like have in the past.......

The OL is playing better then it did at the beginning of the season...but is still not playing well

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I am really hoping that in the offseason we aggressively address the offensive line....that is what is REALLY going to help Shady and Josh

You have defenders still at the feet or hitting Josh when he stands in and throws the ball....you do not have the holes for Shady to get his initial burst through like have in the past.......

The OL is playing better then it did at the beginning of the season...but is still not playing well

It’s a combination of OL and WRs/TEs. Even with a line, team can still play 9 men in the box if we don’t have one that can get open with a few seconds.  I agree, I hope we aggressively pursue some hogs up front that can dominate, but we really need some guys with great hands that can catch these laser beams shot out of the Allen cannon.  Hopefully we can allocate the resources properly.  This offseason will dictate how fast we become a contender.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

It’s a combination of OL and WRs/TEs. Even with a line, team can still play 9 men in the box if we don’t have one that can get open with a few seconds.  I agree, I hope we aggressively pursue some hogs up front that can dominate, but we really need some guys with great hands that can catch these laser beams shot out of the Allen cannon.  Hopefully we can allocate the resources properly.  This offseason will dictate how fast we become a contender.

i agree with this. we could use an influx of talent on all things offense. a true athletic TE that can run, catch, and block  would be a wonderful thing. a little bit more chemistry and consistency would go a long way as well. experience and confidence for Allen will be huge. one thing for sure, i am very excited to see what happens next!