Fallout 76 is out

9 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Anyone planning on trying “The Outer Worlds”?

Its a new game by the creators of the original fallout (and fallout: new Vegas).

Its supposed to be like Fallout in space. 

I think it looks pretty cool. 

haven't hear of it until just now.   I;ll have to look into it 

the opening when he comes out of the capsule looked familiar like the Master Sergeant in Halo

Oh,  btw  I'm inches away from Level 76.  Curious what I get as a reward

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Anyone planning on trying “The Outer Worlds”?

Its a new game by the creators of the original fallout (and fallout: new Vegas).

Its supposed to be like Fallout in space. 

I think it looks pretty cool. 

I posted this earlier.  I am waiting for the reviews of actual gamers before buying it but it looks great.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, bdutton said:

I posted this earlier.  I am waiting for the reviews of actual gamers before buying it but it looks great.

Yeah, I don’t think this will be a game I preorder or buy new. 

I only preorder or buy games new when I am pretty much 100% sure I’ll love them. 

This is definitely a game I want to try though. I will either put it on my GameFly rental list, or I’ll wait for GameStop to get some used copies (usually doesn’t take long) because when you buy a used game there is a 7 day return policy (where you can either get your money back or swap it for a different game). 

6 minutes ago, bdutton said:

I don't blindly trust these guys with any new release.  They sometimes get it right, sometimes get it wrong.

I watched the trailer and it did look interesting though.

Putting the game on some distant planet does open a lot of avenues to creativity, no doubt.

I entered a mine / cave system in the south east near a fissure sight because 3 level 50’s were attacking and thought I could escape and then had a level 85 scorch beast spawn.  

I thought I was doomed.  But since it had nowhere to fly and evade I was able to eliminate it.  

I’ve covered all the overseers missions except launching a nuke. 

So I'm wandering the wasteland trying to discover all the locations there are.