Did Maximum Overdrive (the movie) save AC/DC?

dpberr

3 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I know a guy who's in an AC/DC tribute band, and they brought him in for an audition after Brian had to leave. Said he played a whole set, Angus came out while he was having a smoke break and told him he was great, and wanted to do a few more songs with him in the studio with them. Of course they'll already played "Back in Black," "Highway to Hell" etc, all the hits. I can't remember what song it was, but one of the more obscure ones. Angus replied "How the f--- do you think I remember that one?" 

Met a Britsh guy at a bar one. Happened to have an AC/DC shirt on so we chatted for a while. Said he used to go to this weekly open mic at some suburban pub back in England. About once a month Clapton would come in and just participate like anybody else. Apparetnly it was the only place in town, and Clapton had a home there, so everybody was used to him being there and didn't gawk over it.

That’s VERY cool that he can go out without the gawking! Rich is cool, famous just might SUCK! 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s VERY cool that he can go out without the gawking! Rich is cool, famous just might SUCK! 

Met a guy that plays John Lennon in a nationally touring tribute act. He said he'd love to have the real John Lennon's money. But the fame aspect is the best of both worlds. He goes on stage, fans go nuts for him. Gets off, maybe takes a few pictures. Then goes back to his dressing room, takes off his wig and throws on a pair of jeans a t-shirt, and goes out to a bar, or dinner, or his hotel with nobody bothering him.