My report on the blue ice at HSBC

The BRIGHT orange lines and face-off circles were hard on the eyes. That experiment is over. The blue ice looked good right after the zamboni finished resurfacing the ice, but as the period wore on the ice shavings which you normally wouldn't see, made it look really crappy. This experiment is over too.

Best part of the night...They hired some woman(Shelly Champagne) to do a "sing along" during the 3rd period. She was so bad, that she got booed in a big way. They had to shut off her mike and invoke the mercy rule.

PS The Amerks won 2-0, but it was a fairly boring game. Vanek has the goal scorers touch and is going to be a good NHL player, but he is a huge floater and for a guy his size, shys away from physical contact at all costs.

I checked out a Czech hockey game a couple weeks ago. My God it was great to see some hockey! Zigmund Palfy scored two goals. There were a few other NHL players. It was a playoff game, I had 4th row center ice, and my tickets cost aproximately $8. You want to see annoying though- I counted over 100 adds on the ice. The whole ice was covered. It was obnoxious when you saw an overhead replay

Has anyone seen an NHL game in HD? If it can do for hockey what it's done for baseball, football, and soccer, that would be awesome.

Has anyone seen an NHL game in HD? If it can do for hockey what it's done for baseball, football, and soccer, that would be awesome.

285119[/snapback]

I have, and like anything else in HD, it looks awesome! Not quite the same as what watching the NFL in HD first did for me because of the viewing angles, but huge improvement nonetheless. HDNet shows replays on Friday nights from select games last season. It looks great, but I think the blue ice may make it look even better so I'm willing to give it a shot.

I have, and like anything else in HD, it looks awesome!  Not quite the same as what watching the NFL in HD first did for me because of the viewing angles, but huge improvement nonetheless.  HDNet shows replays on Friday nights from select games last season.  It looks great, but I think the blue ice may make it look even better so I'm willing to give it a shot.

285123[/snapback]

Very cool.....I'll have to check it out. I didn't realize they were showing replays......I love HDNet. I've come close at times to really following the NHL, I've just never gotten over the hump. HD has totally reinvigorated my interest in soccer (though I've loved playing and watching soccer since I was four years old, so not a fair comparison), so maybe HD hockey can get me fired up.......when the NHL gets their sh*t together, that is.