A Few Thoughts about the Colts game, in no particular order

Virgil

I made the trip to Indi for this one and they laid a big turd.  After a couple of promising opening drives on both sides of the ball, the team completely fell apart and then just downright quit. ?.  I don't expect the world from this team but come on - at least play hard and be competitive. The blowouts under this regime are crazy.  Even my 9 yr old is starting to get numb to this stuff.  Last year on the drive home from Cinci, he was in tears. This year he didn't even want to waste time on any emotion - just shook his head wondering if we'd ever be any good.

As always, very impressed with the number of Bills fans that traveled for this game. 

19 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

8)You honestly think that his plan to dump talented players(a combined 8 recent 1st and 2nd round picks) and create a mountain of dead money got McDermott hired?   You can't be serious.    I know that Terry Pegula has been wishy-washy but when he fired Rex the message was that the coaching wasn't good enough.    After the fact he may have talked Pegs into it but I doubt the Pegula's hated this roster the way McD feared it. 

We've been through this issue before so I'll keep it brief. If you honestly believe that the owner wasn't aware of McDermott's strategy to rebuild the roster before he hired him then you believe the billionaire owner is a stupendous fool. You think that immediately after hiring him and empowering him over the then current (now former)  GM that the owner was surprised at his full throttle rebuild then you are naive. 

The reason why McDermott got hired was because he was presented the owner with his plan as to how he was going to manage the operation if hired. And you can be sure that his plan had nothing to do with incremental change. 

If you disagree with McBean'es strategy to rebuild I can understand that position. But your take that what McDermott is doing is not related to what he had originally planned upon assumption of the job makes little sense because it is being implemented right in front of our faces. My point is that what has gone on should not be surprising to you and others as it is not surprising to the owner/s who hired him. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

We've been through this issue before so I'll keep it brief. If you honestly believe that the owner wasn't aware of McDermott's strategy to rebuild the roster before he hired him then you believe the billionaire owner is a stupendous fool. You think that immediately after hiring him and empowering him over the then current (now former)  GM that the owner was surprised at his full throttle rebuild then you are naive. 

The reason why McDermott got hired was because he was presented the owner with his plan as to how he was going to manage the operation if hired. And you can be sure that his plan had nothing to do with incremental change. 

If you disagree with McBean'es strategy to rebuild I can understand that position. But your take that what McDermott is doing is not related to what he had originally planned upon assumption of the job makes little sense because it is being implemented right in front of our faces. My point is that what has gone on should not be surprising to you and others as it is not surprising to the owner/s who hired him. 

We'll find out soon enough - this team is days away from being humiliated on national television and if my prediction holds true, that will cause Terry to peek out of his turtle shell and start making noise...

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

We'll find out soon enough - this team is days away from being humiliated on national television and if my prediction holds true, that will cause Terry to peek out of his turtle shell and start making noise...

This franchise being humiliated is nothing new. What do you call the fiasco in Indy, Baltimore etc. etc. etc. 

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

This franchise being humiliated is nothing new. What do you call the fiasco in Indy, Baltimore etc. etc. etc. 

Terry doesn't like being embarrassed, on national TV, at home, against the division rival.  No, it's not "new," but it's not supposed to be happening under McD and I'm darn sure it wasn't part of the plan.

You're positive the owners are in lockstep with McBeane.  I'm positive you're wrong about that.  I predict we'll find out soon that I'm right, but who knows.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Terry doesn't like being embarrassed, on national TV, at home, against the division rival.  No, it's not "new," but it's not supposed to be happening under McD and I'm darn sure it wasn't part of the plan.

You're positive the owners are in lockstep with McBeane.  I'm positive you're wrong about that.  I predict we'll find out soon that I'm right, but who knows.

With utmost confidence I know you are wrong. The owner knows what is going on and is on board. That's why he hired McDermott. He knew what he was getting into and agreed to the plan when the contract was offered to the wrestling coach.