Where Do You Stay

Astrobot

I have been there a couple of times. We have stayed in Ocean City and just drove down during the day and evening. The lobster house is a great place to eat. Also staying OC, you are basically right in between CM and Atlantic City, so you can head up there for shows and gambling if you like.

Plus you have the beach, so.

That's a thought. Where do you stay in Ocean City?

I'm a sandcastle builder. Are there better beaches at Cape May or Ocean City?

283869[/snapback]

Better beaches in OC, IMHO. Cape May is great for boating, food, walking around. I honestly didn't go to a beach there.

I can't remember where we stayed last time. I am not a B&B person so I like hotels and suites. I think we stayed in a rented condo that time.

That's a thought. Where do you stay in Ocean City?

I'm a sandcastle builder. Are there better beaches at Cape May or Ocean City?

283869[/snapback]

I liked the beaches better in OC. We picked a place off hotels.com, or something like that, right on the ocean, as far south down the boardwalk as we could get.

We avoided a lot of the sponge bob crowds this way but still could rent bikes and experience the boardwalk.

I liked it as a central spot for day trips, but plan carefully since traffic is atrocious there! Do things (sight seeing) mid-week, and NOT on a holiday. When there is a lot of traffic, just stay put, build your sand castles, and walk the boardwalk.

Cape May is beautiful... they have "diamonds" on the beach there. :lol:

I spent the fall of 1983 there. 8 wonderful weeks. I had free room and board, and they even gave me new clothes to wear. They also had a great deal of supervised exercise and team building routines. Nice pool, too.

The weather was nice, but I didn't get to see much of the area. I liked it enough to take a job with the company that sponsored my visit to Cape May. I've been working for them ever since. 21 years so far.

U.S. Coast Guard Boot Camp is held at the Coast Guard Training Center in Cape May, NJ. I was there from September 26th - November 18th, 1983.

We've vacationed in Cape May for the past 7 years, usually around 4th of July week. The beaches are great for sandcastle building, and you can see the dolphins swimming by from the beach. You do have to buy a beach tag, I think $11 for the week for adults, kids are free. But the crowds are mostly families with younger children or older couples, so you avoid the wild teenage / college crowd that is up in Wildwood where the long boardwark / amusement park is. We've stayed the past 5 years at the Atlas Inn. Effeciency suite, seperate bedroom, two TVs, pool, restaurant with breakfast included, and the beach is just across the street. Lots of nice B&B if that's your preference just a block or two from the beach. My wife wants to stay at one, but I like the ammenities of a hotel. But you better hurry, Cape May books up early. We made our reservations in February. And you can drive up to Ocean City in under an hour.

http://capemay.com/

Bathany or Rehoboth are nice. OC Maryland is a sh---hole.

284682[/snapback]

Yeah, it's way too crowded, reminds me of Wildwood --- fun when you are young, but at some point you want to get away from all that.

Bethany is great. We stay north of the town where the crowds on the beaches are very light.

Yeah, it's way too crowded, reminds me of Wildwood --- fun when you are young, but at some point you want to get away from all that.

Bethany is great.  We stay north of the town where the crowds on the beaches are very light.

284765[/snapback]

Know your going with the wifey, but oh, I sometimes pine for the days of my group house at Dewey Beach. Man, that place, it the parlance of today, was totally whack, off the hook, pure out hedonism every weekend. Now that I think about it, ditch the wife, get 6 of your buddies together, and rent a house in Dewey for a week.