The way Shady carries the ball

Bakin

Forty years ago OJ Simpson held the ball like that, and the purists howled.  I'm not sure how often he fumbled, but I do remember the comparisons of Simpson versus Jim Brown always were Brown went through players to get yardage, Simpson evaded players to get yardage.  Years later, it seems the physics and deceptive aspect of holding the ball in this manner also are a consideration.  I guess like everything else in football, we wait for some metrics geek to give us the final verdict.  ??

9 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I have thought that he "flags" it out there to misdirect the defenders. 

I certainly don't know, and it makes me nearvous when he does it, but I just feel like it's part strategy.

I do to it’s kind of like waving a flag at a bull...shady is very instinctive and he definitely holds it probably when he is about to hit a hole it’s his bait in the wind 

10 hours ago, nucci said:

he only does that in open field..he covers up when needed...and no one carries a loaf of bread that way

Hahaha. I came up with bag of diapers because that’s how I used to walk with em.