No Free Agent Wide Receivers?

jtothebrown

On 10/11/2018 at 9:49 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

And probably have to overpay in the trade too.

Teams need WR talent more than ever and at the same time the pipeline of freak WR talent dried up after the 2014 draft.

Chuck Knox once said Buffalo is where coaches go to die.........and sure enough for decades after that Ralph couldn't get a sniff of a HC with a good resume.

Buffalo is now where WR's go to die.   

And every agent knows it.

This team desperately needs a #1 WR.........if only to create better matchups for EVERYONE else.

Good post about the previous era.
 Having Allen is the game changer potentially. Bills drafted for the Franchise QB.
If he improves over this season , the chance to "sell"  FA WRs might be on the rise .
every agent likely does not think that way  lol

many of them perhaps though ha ha

15 hours ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Can we just all agree the Watkins trade was not worth it? This was how it was pre Watkins/after Stevie. No WR talent. How do you obtain it? The draft, because generally talented WRs don’t hit FA. 

No  we cannot.

I miss Roberts Woods though.

3 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Good post about the previous era.
 Having Allen is the game changer potentially. Bills drafted for the Franchise QB.
If he improves over this season , the chance to "sell"  FA WRs might be on the rise .
every agent likely does not think that way  lol

many of them perhaps though ha ha

Allen is definitely NOT a sell yet.

Perhaps for the first time in the SB era basically every team either has a QB who's achieved at a high level or thinks they might have a developing franchise QB.

The only team that right now projects to have a less attractive passing situation than Buffalo going into this offseason is NY Giants with Eli in full melt-down mode.........and they most certainly aren't in the market for a big dollar WR with OBJ's new deal.

The 3 Florida teams might all choose to try to upgrade their QB's situation........but right now those places have veteran QB's and passer friendly weather to sell.

Otherwise everyone else thinks they will have a franchise QB on the field in 2019.

Make no mistake........if Allen doesn't start going off the Bills are in a truly awful sell situation to WR's.

Allen's less than Tyrod-esque numbers in a season when passing records will be shattered left and right........that's a big problem for recruiting WR.   

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

No  we cannot.

I miss Roberts Woods though.

They will probably both exceed 1,000 yards this season........and regardless of what one thinks of Tyrod and Allen.......the Bills WR's will once again lead the NFL in least separation without those 2.

I hope we draft 3 linemen, 3 WR and a corner. The spend some money in free agency on all the above. I don’t think we should over pay but their is merit to the presumption that they don’t want to come here IMO. I wish we’d spend every penny we had on those 3 position groups. IMHO the only safe player should be Tre White between our linemen our receivers and our corners all are expendable.