Foolproof method for hooking BIG Asian Carp

Cripple Creek

8 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I'd like to apologize to the board for what this thread has become. 

This is very thoughtful of you, but some things cannot be undone.

I try to be the forgiving type, so just think twice the next time you consider starting a flying Asian carp thread. I know, the impulse is difficult to overcome, as flying Asian carp are at the top of most reasonable people’s minds, but you can do this!  

29 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I'd like to apologize to the board for what this thread has become. 

It was pre-ordained!

I am the official mouthpiece against polarized insanity... LoL...

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

This is very thoughtful of you, but some things cannot be undone.

I try to be the forgiving type, so just think twice the next time you consider starting a flying Asian carp thread. I know, the impulse is difficult to overcome, as flying Asian carp are at the top of most reasonable people’s minds, but you can do this!  

Just don't go over 2000 rpms.

Anyway.  Thet don't always jump.  Mostly during flood events.  We go to boat operator school in Peoria.  There are times, the don't  jump.  Then other times gotta wear Your hard hat and foul weather gear so You don't get all bloody fish goo on You.

No biggy.  Just slow down.

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It was pre-ordained!

I am the official mouthpiece against polarized insanity... LoL...

Just don't go over 2000 rpms.

Anyway.  Thet don't always jump.  Mostly during flood events.  We go to boat operator school in Peoria.  There are times, the don't  jump.  Then other times gotta wear Your hard hat and foul weather gear so You don't get all bloody fish goo on You.

No biggy.  Just slow down.

Slowing down seems like an option. Being somewhere else also seems like an option. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Slowing down seems like an option. Being somewhere else also seems like an option. 

Yeah.  The reason they are taking off here is because clean water/environment.  40 years ago, they would never get through.  Why they are doing bad in rest of World, China... The rest of Globe is cesspool.

They need "big rivers" to spawn.  They spawn in big rivers, and live adult life in lakes.  Yet, they need big flow, warm water, and 60+ miles of unobstructed river that has ample backwater for development.  

Lower Illinois, Ohio, and Mississippi are perfect.  Missouri river up there too.  Perfect zones for spawn events.  So much so that even the yearly pelican migration has shifted somewhat from Central Iowa to the Lower Illinois river!