Hurricane Michael

T&C

Sorry, no one is here to take Your call.  Customer Service is of the utmost important to US:

Remember our fellow AMERICAN CITIZENS in Puerto Rico.  Nut up Florida, We will get bacl to You in March

If You need immediate attention please leave Your Name & Number after the beep...

...beep

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Dear Mr. foster.  Quit yer bitchin'.  You made your choices and didn't make the choices necessary to protect your interests.

Having to cry because someone couldn't take care of him?  Sad.

Bizzaro World... I am in Your Camp.

Most of the time, I fight urge to be a Richard Head... ?

This is what gets Me.  It isn't rocket surgery, everybody knows this.  Like no freaking shiest Sherlock:

Watch "Mexico Beach Home Still Standing, Here’s Why"

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/video/mexico-beach-home-still-standing-heres-why?pl=pl-the-latest

Yet, wait a second douchebag doctor, not everybody is a zillionaire and can spend a million dollars building a hurricane proof house that they can watch from Tennessee. They have to make hard choices... Give You the ***** $$$$$ or build their house right.

Like We are supposed to be impressed?  What about the common slob this "doctor" is gouging money from?  I wonder what kind of doctor He is.  Yeah, save your life in a hurricane and sink the money building "right" or "save Your life" and sink the money paying Your freaking medical bills so this Guy can feel special.

Again... We all know what the answer is to building things that can weather storms.  It isn't a mystery.  Just rebuild Mexico beach all to this standard.  The Good Doctor is paying. You live on a BEACH, duh!

Sorry to put it bluntly Doctor, obviously You realize the world needs "cannon fodder", sacrifice zones too... Just save their lives first so You can build your multiple houses.

/smh

What a self-important world we live in. I wouldn't show my face, let alone give an interview.  It's not like this Doctor just discovered a cure for cancer.  Swallow Your pride.  The world needs a little, just a wee bit more humility and way less pride.  There is death and destruction all around this Doctor and He discovered "cancer" 6 years ago without telling anybody?... Give Me a break.  What? Did the Doctor build the house himself?  Keep it a secret? #SoSad

Let's rebuild the whole beach!  Sure!  The Good Doctor is paying!

LoL... ^^^^ This is the kind of vitriol (My post) the world needs.

On 10/12/2018 at 1:55 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

These storms have been always happening.  Just more people flocking to coasts.

Why give them an incentive to flock there.? Again, same happened with the land grab and bad farming practices prior to DustBowl  years.  There was a correction:  People moved.  They were forced to.

Why are we enabling more bad practices and giving incentives to move to areas (for sake of argument) we are effing up with the climate.

Okay... We are affecting the weather, now don't go there.  Keep the numbers low.  Yet, let's believe in some grand plan that we can magically fix everybody.

Sorry, it's called a "sacrifice zone."  Like living in a floodplain, fire zone, tornado alley, etc... Don't have stones to carry on, adapt... Don't expect everybody else to. Move, just like generations before did.  Those generations packed up and left.  They weren't giving an incentive to encourage more to come closer to the routine calamity.

Again, not trying to be a Dick.  Just see the writing on wall.

On 10/12/2018 at 2:37 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah, true.  We we are talking sustainability here.  People can't keep pouring into these places with incentive to do so.

It would be like free farmland somebody in Oklahoma in 1933.  Then subsidizing their failed crops.  No.  You leave.

They are building structures on barrier islands.  I mean come on.

I agree with both points.  IIRC, after the last big flooding along the Mississippi or Missouri Rivers (or maybe both), the feds decided that they weren't going to keep paying to rebuild homes located in flood ways (this decision was made back in the GWB's administration iirc -- around 2005 or so).  So, a lot of homeowners were given the choice of either getting help to move out of the flood-prone area or getting federal aid one last time to fix their current homes within the flood-prone areas.

There needs to be something like this devised for the coastal regions (maybe there is -- I think the Trump admin had proposed something earlier in the year or last year, but I don't know if it actually went into effect).  FTR, numerous coastal areas flood frequently even without devastating hurricanes.  We have enough data to know where those areas are, and it's time to start discouraging building in flood/storm vulnerable coastal areas.  You want to live on a barrier island, then do so at your own risk.  Otherwise, build back away from the vulnerable areas and leave the beach/coastal areas open for public recreation and served by temporary facilities.  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I agree with both points.  IIRC, after the last big flooding along the Mississippi or Missouri Rivers (or maybe both), the feds decided that they weren't going to keep paying to rebuild homes located in flood ways (this decision was made back in the GWB's administration iirc -- around 2005 or so).  So, a lot of homeowners were given the choice of either getting help to move out of the flood-prone area or getting federal aid one last time to fix their current homes within the flood-prone areas.

There needs to be something like this devised for the coastal regions (maybe there is -- I think the Trump admin had proposed something earlier in the year or last year, but I don't know if it actually went into effect).  FTR, numerous coastal areas flood frequently even without devastating hurricanes.  We have enough data to know where those areas are, and it's time to start discouraging building in flood/storm vulnerable coastal areas.  You want to live on a barrier island, then do so at your own risk.  Otherwise, build back away from the vulnerable areas and leave the beach/coastal areas open for public recreation and served by temporary facilities.  

Yep!  And God knows they ain't gonna build it all up again like that Doctor's house.  Yeah, we all just got gobs of $$$$ to build two residences.

23 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

^^^^^They pulled this video from the front page.  Made a new one... Made a new video,  gave it a more somber tone and started to address cost!

Claiming 15-20% more in costs?  On say a pedestrian 300k stucture... That would be $60k more... I am claiming BS! I am no expert on this... But would ballpark, 25% to 50% more! Then the VERY expensive upkeep and maintenance?

Here is the the VERY toned down, somber video:

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/video/homeowner-explains-how-mexico-beach-home-withstood-the-big-one?pl=pl-the-latest

They must of caught flak for the first one!

I am still claiming, *cough *COUGH BS on the premium cost, cost overruns, maintenance and upkeep, replacement costs, etc...

My response:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois