Props to the coaches

Jerome007

Props to the coaches. The Bills have obviously limited talent on offense, but both the offense and defensive game plans have been on. And they came to play, mentally ready. Nobody has given up on the season yet (except KB...). The coaches have been so criticized we also to give them credits when it's warranted.

Daboll at last had many two back sets including the FB at times, short runs in the flat, even the WR screen at the end, checkdown outlets for Allen he rarely used, good mix of Shady and Ivory for the right situations, and so on. Weird that this wasn’t the basic offense TBH. I maintain there should ALSO be a few max protection plays with 2-3 deep routes to make use of Allen’s arm - and just the threat of this will keep defenses from crowding the line.

Win or lose, this game looks like many of us expected the Bills to look. An above average defense that goes for turnovers like last year, with an offense that has to be run oriented because of its limitations. I just wonder if we’ll see the TE more involved at one point, and if Zay Jones will catch a pass before the 4th quarter ha ha

Props to the special teams too. Punter botched that field goal but as a punter he has been good all year. Only one good return allowed (that was a nice TD saving open field tackle too)

• Like (+1) 3

It doesn't look to me as if Daboll has much confidence in Allen.  Yes Allen is raw, but I thing there were times Daboll could have loosened up a little bit.  There are games where the ultra conservative approach won't cut it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

It doesn't look to me as if Daboll has much confidence in Allen.  Yes Allen is raw, but I thing there were times Daboll could have loosened up a little bit.  There are games where the ultra conservative approach won't cut it.

True. But that wasn't one. Anyway, THIS should be the blueprint, and of course, as you imply, add to it with some deep throws, TE in the middle, trickery, etc. But they hadn't established their "identity" on offense yet. They did today. Defense they've had it since the 7th quarter of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

Idk...

Offense was out of sorts, and it is generally apparent to me that we need to look like a college offense. We are more productive and Josh is more confident when they are moving the pocket, a little trickery, QB runs, etc.

Maybe it will progress, but it looks to me like they are killing it in the 15 or so pre-determined plays, but then it's pretty predictable and vanilla. Did great on the first drive, and then abandoned the concepts that were working.

Also, if you are going to draft a guy like Allen, vertical passing HAS to be a significant part of your game. I know the WRs suck, but they don't suck less just because they are closer to the LOS.

I'm not sold on Daboll yet but there is plenty to be optimistic about.