Syracuse not ranked??

Buffalo Barbarian

On 11/19/2018 at 5:21 PM, PearlHowardman said:

SU Orange football drop to No.19 in latest AP poll after being beat by Notre Dame.

Still, the days are getting closer to when current SU Orange QB Eric Dungey and current SU head coach Dino Babers join the Buffalo Bills NFL team.

Josh Allen - BYE!

Sean McDermott - BYE!

:)

:lol:

On 11/21/2018 at 3:27 PM, Ittakestime said:

Eric Dungey is horrible.

he's not horrible just probably not a consistent NFL starter.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:35 PM, PearlHowardman said:

When Josh Allen leaves Buffalo with SpongeBob band-aids on his elbow boo-boo, Eric Dungey will be ready to start as QB for the Buffalo Bills.

When Sean McDermott is fired by the Buffalo Bills, Dino Babers will become the new Bills head coach.

I hope you're joking because you couldn't be any more wrong. Allen may fail but won't be replaced by Dungey and McDermott is going to be here for a long long time.

12 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Syracuse Orangemen roll over Boston College 42 - 21.

Outstanding coaching by Orangemen head coach Dino Babers.  Babers is going to be an outstanding head coach for the Buffalo Bills once Sean McDermott is fired.

Ok now you are delusional :doh:

On 11/3/2018 at 8:00 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You mean back when there was essentially one bowl game that mattered, and the rest were all *****?  Yeah, it is much worse now <sarcasm>.

that's how you watched the bowl games in the 70s and 80s?

not a single one was worth watching except for the mythical national championship? and when two top teams were undefeated and didn't play each other?

i'm calling total BS on that Johnny...

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

that's how you watched the bowl games in the 70s and 80s?

not a single one was worth watching except for the mythical national championship? and when two top teams were undefeated and didn't play each other?

i'm calling total BS on that Johnny...

Call whatever you want.  I'll take 4 teams with a chance of winning a national championship over just 2 any day of the week.  It's a good start, but should really be expanded to 16 teams, IMO.  All the rest of the bowl games don't mean squat.  Yeah, it's fun to watch, but for the schools involved it means nothing more than money and a little national exposure.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Call whatever you want.  I'll take 4 teams with a chance of winning a national championship over just 2 any day of the week.  It's a good start, but should really be expanded to 16 teams, IMO.  All the rest of the bowl games don't mean squat.  Yeah, it's fun to watch, but for the schools involved it means nothing more than money and a little national exposure.

if universities exists primarily to give us unlimited college football games, I guess you are right

just asking, did you by chance watch a Rose Bowl and Orange Bowl and other bowl in the same season during the 70s and 80s?

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

if universities exists primarily to give us unlimited college football games, I guess you are right

just asking, did you by chance watch a Rose Bowl and Orange Bowl and other bowl in the same season during the 70s and 80s?

Welp, I was born in '79, so my college football watching days didn't truly begin until the late 80's.  I did watch the big bowl games, yes.  My point is that it is better for college football (for the teams and the fans) to have more teams with a chance of taking home the nat'l championship.  Call the individual games whatever you want.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.