I know it's a little early but.....

Frez

Is and will Tom Donahoe make any moves this off season to improve our 9-7 team from last year? Mike Gandy, Kelly Holcomb and resigning Ryan Nufield is not going to make this team better. I'm not sure what Donahoe is waiting for. Are the Bills in so tight of cap trouble that they can't sign a free agent guard? I just can't see us making this team a 12-4 team through the draft alone. I hope TD has something up his sleeve but I'm not so sure he does.

Wait and see what happens I guess. :lol:

Is and will Tom Donahoe make any moves this off season to improve our 9-7 team from last year? Mike Gandy, Kelly Holcomb and resigning Ryan Nufield is not going to make this team better. I'm not sure what Donahoe is waiting for. Are the Bills in so tight of cap trouble that they can't sign a free agent guard? I just can't see making this team a 12-4 team through the draft alone. I hope TD has something up his sleeve but I'm not so sure he does.

Wait and see what happens I guess.  :lol:

282759[/snapback]

See my post in respose to John from Hemet regarding rebuilding the OL. I state 10 options (plus an 11th that JMac knows more than we do about the OL) that potentially can pursue at OL. Most will not get us a starter in my view, but they are all based on a player having started at LT elsewhere and even excelled as the position.

Most are already on our roater or are available.

There really in no need to panic (yet).

See my post in respose to John from Hemet regarding rebuilding the OL. I state 10 options (plus an 11th that JMac knows more than we do about the OL) that potentially can pursue at OL. Most will not get us a starter in my view, but they are all based on a player having started at LT elsewhere and even excelled as the position.

Most are already on our roater or are available.

There really in no need to panic (yet).

282766[/snapback]

Are we putting to much faith in J Mac? He tried fixing that poor ass NY Giants line with no talent and could not do it.

Are we putting to much faith in J Mac? He tried fixing that poor ass NY Giants line with no talent and could not do it.

282770[/snapback]

Actually, I thought he did...he got an O-Line full of nobodies to the Superbowl, and a majority of the guys who consisted of that line were undrafted rookies or low-round draft picks. I'd say he did a very good job with the Giants...he cant help it if his players got hurt his last year...he can get them to play well above their level, but he cant control if they get injured or not.

He wasn't given much to work with his last year there (thankfully, for us) and injuries took their toll. He's got some good players to work with here. Oh and didn't you hear? Getting rid of Bledsoe made the entire OFFENSE better.

282770[/snapback]

Check what occured in real life. He took as you said a poor ass NYG lined who featured acqusitions we lost who we judged inadequate like Dusty Ziegler at C and Glenn Parker at T and this OL blocked well enough for two-time loser (at that point he is up to 3-time loser now) Kerry Collins and Tiki Barner in his worst fumbling days. They made it to the SB and not only can you not fault JMac for this work but he deserves a lot of credit.

This was not merely his first SB, or even his second, but actually the third time he got to the Big Dance as he coached a CN to team to 2 SBs behind a productive running game, a productive passing game and Sam Wyche.

Still, JMac is on record saying he is no miracle worker, but I think the improvement he got out of the Bills OL last year which began in disarray at best and thanks to working well with WM put up some nice running yards and actually even saw a huge reduction in Bledsoe sack totals.

JMac correctly said he is no miracle worker as the play calls (improving over the predictability of Kevin Killdrive), WMs outside threat (a part missing from Henry's game) and Wyche/Clements using Bledsoe well which saw him pull off some nice play fakes leading to TD pitches to WM and catches on bombs to the WRs and even running a few QB draws which made the LBs hesitate before blitzing are all parts of the story.

Nevertheless, JMac deserves great credit for:

1. Being an obvious upgrade over Vinky and Ruel who simply were not ready for primetime (do you disagree)

2. Leading the charge in playing good cop/bad cop on MW to revive his play after he let down his teammates and the team in the early season.

3. Doing a fine job in training Bannan and making the switch to employ defensive players in our non-productive redzone offense.

4. Playing whatever part he had in identifying a practice squad player off the Ravens who though an inadeqate choice to make the impossible jump from PS one team to starter on another, was identified as a better choice than NFL vet Pucillo and he plugged him in to play LG and replaced him with a working approach when his redzone play proved to be his bif weakness.

Can JMac work miracles? No.

However, the ten options I suggest at LT which range from the possible to the really unlikely should not be dismissed out of hand because rather than miracles they all involve things he has done before in some form or another over 25 years and for the most part for the Bills last year.

We do not need miracles and faith we simply need adequate OL coaching and JMac has done this before.

Is and will Tom Donahoe make any moves this off season to improve our 9-7 team from last year? Mike Gandy, Kelly Holcomb and resigning Ryan Nufield is not going to make this team better. I'm not sure what Donahoe is waiting for. Are the Bills in so tight of cap trouble that they can't sign a free agent guard? I just can't see us making this team a 12-4 team through the draft alone. I hope TD has something up his sleeve but I'm not so sure he does.

Wait and see what happens I guess.  :lol:

282759[/snapback]

Oh man. JP will make our line better. Just wait and see.

I'm with you, but I still can't figure out what a roater is.

283231[/snapback]

Somebody that uses this product.

"REAL OPTIONS ANALYSIS TOOLKIT

Learn more about ROAT 2.1!

Now part of Crystal Ball Premium Edition

Crystal Ball Premium Edition is the most comprehensive suite of risk analysis, forecasting, real options and optimization tools available.

By combining risk analysis and optimization, Crystal Ball Premium Edition helps users not only understand risk, but guides users to make the right decisions.

Crystal Ball Premium Edition includes: Crystal Ball Standard, OptQuest, CB Predictor, the Tools, the Developer Kits for Crystal Ball and CB Predictor, Real Options Analysis Toolkit, Risk Analysis Using Crystal Ball training CD and two textbooks: Applied Risk Analysis: Moving Beyond Uncertainty in Business, and Real Options Analysis: Tools and Techniques for Valuing Strategic Investments and Decisions."

A roater is a small ham often used for light meals and religious events.

283243[/snapback]

Does that mean that most of the players you mentioned are already eating in our cafeteria?

Wait and see what happens I guess.  :blink:

282759[/snapback]

In addition to the valid points already made - that Losman over Bledsoe is a huge improvement and JMac should have even more success in his second year after a successful first season - I don't think there is a guard in the history of the NFL that is worth three wins to a team. So if you want to get to 12-4, one free agent guard, any free agent guard won't get you there. It might get you one win, tops. And IMHO, McGahee healthy for a whole season and even better, as he says he will be, plus Losman's mobility, should be enough to win those at least three of the 4 close losses (3 early games we lost by 8 points and the season finale), and there's your 12-4.