Which players on the final 53 are on the block and why?

21 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Allens a lock ?

Agreed,  but let me ask a very sincere question for all my fellow Bills fans:

Let's say that Allen is forced into the starting lineup VERY prematurely(hypothetically speaking, due to a Peterman injury), week 2 or 3.  Given practically a full year, he performs miserably.  Given his expected growing pains as a rookie, let's say his struggles are due to the most significant knocks on him coming out of Wyoming.  Poor decision making takes a distant back seat to woeful accuracy issues, to a point that lead many to justify their frustration with him being drafted by the Bills,  especially with the 7th pick.  

Does he get a free pass for his performance, being he was a rookie?  Do we chalk it up to our O-line's shortcomings/lack of talent?   Or does McBeane acknowledge that maybe they reached for a player who they fell in love with because of his "large hands", and ability to throw in the snow, and look to draft 2019's BQA?  

Just had to ask.  I'm pulling for him to succeed like most of us, but wanted to know what the community thought...

Edited by smuvtalker

On 9/6/2018 at 6:42 AM, smuvtalker said:

I would not at all be surprised if Shady is traded away for a high round draft pick, provided early enough on we realize we have no shot at a winning season...Beane has done a phenomenal job of getting more than anticipated for players, and if Murphy plays as well as advertised, we could see the end of Shady in Buff.

I would be inclined to think Clay is untouchable,  at least for the upcoming year.  But if he underachieves the way he did last year, I think this will be his last year here.  We have a promising group of young talent at the TE position.  

Hughes is to me untouchable.  He's our only bonafide pass rusher,  and I think he's poised for a double digit sack year.

Aside from Tre'Davius, Hyde and Poyer, I dont see anyone else as locks. (Rookies not included)  

Just my 2 cents

Agree 100%. I see this as Shady's last year with the Bill's. I can easily see us drafting another RB to tandem with Murphy. Also think Clay is gone as he has never quite lived up to his contract. We unfortunately don't have any marquee players to trade right now. And the young McD guys are going nowhere.

• Like (+1) 1