Daboll's Regular Season Offense

eball

3 minutes ago, eball said:

I guess in those situations, though, teams were reaching for “the guy” whereas here they drafted Allen so clearly there is no incentive to make Peterman out to be better than he is. 

At least that’s what I’m hoping. 

That's a good point. 

I can easily see a Chan Gailey / Trent Edwards situation here. Gailey is a very good offensive mind. He inherited Trent and they signed Fitzy to be the backup. I always thought Edwards was awful but there were some that thought he was good the year they started 4-1 or so. He wasn't, he still didn't do what he couldn't do, but that's besides the point. 

Gailey watched Edwards in preseason and in practice and saw him play very well. He made the right decisions and he knew the offense and he moved the ball. And Gailey, because like all coaches has a bias ego, thinks I can be the guy that can make chicken salad out of chicken ****. And in practice and preseason at three quarters speed guys like Edwards and Peterman can and do excel.  

So he starts Edwards and immediately in 2-3 games it becomes glaringly apparent that he can't do anything other than read presnap, make a quick decision and throw an accurate short pass. He can't get the ball downfield and he can't handle a real rush with real bullets flying, the same attributes and the same problems with Nate, although Edwards has a lot better arm than Nate. 

So Gailey benches and even cuts Edwards outright because he realized he couldn't play in this league. 

I think there is a decent chance McD does the same thing. Starts him because he thinks he can do in the regular season what he did in practice and preseason, realizes quickly that he cannot, and then benches him rather early.

It happened at halftime of week one with Tom Savage last year. 

8 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's also risky on quick slants. I think he's the most inaccurate on those of all the passes he throws, regardless of velocity. That's why I think he's a disaster waiting to happen against first teamers in real games.  

Will you listen to this whinnying,crying you know what .....You're coming into this season born dead!

I mean why do you even bother?