Less Preseason Games Better or Worse For Teams ?

T master

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You add practice time with elimination of Preseason football. So you lose 12 hours of most players standing around doing nothing. 

So add some more practice time. These players learn more in practice because they get slot more reps. 

...perhaps in the NEXT CBA....stay tuned................

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I get what you are staying but I just dont agree with it. It wasnt like Russell Wilson and Cruz were not performing in Practice. 

My point is your season is never made by these games however it can be lost. 

Look at us say Kyle was done for the year, Allen done for the year or McCarron with his shoulder. 

All preason is anymore is a revenue stream. 

From what I strongly recall Wilson had no business starting for Seattle as they signed Flynn to that big contract and I believe also had whitehurst at the time ahead of him.

But he literally forced his way into the starting role by ripping up particularly the pre season games .

So ya I do think you’re right that there is a lot more bad than good. But I also think it can be a good showcase for the depth guys fighting to make roster spots/make their team or showcase their talents to other teams if cut.

Edited by billsfan11

42 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

From what I strongly recall Wilson had no business starting for Seattle as they signed Flynn to that big contract and I believe also had whitehurst at the time ahead of him.

But he literally forced his way into the starting role by ripping up particularly the pre season games .

So ya I do think you’re right that there is a lot more bad than good. But I also think it can be a good showcase for the depth guys fighting to make roster spots/make their team or showcase their talents to other teams if cut.

But again how do we or anyone know Wilson didnt force the issue during camp?  We really dont.  Point being the 100s of Practice reps will tell you more than max 30 reps during Preseason games. 

Why do teams want any of their possible PS players showcasing anything. Maybe for a trade but I have a solution there too. Sell the rights to broadcast camp. That will give exposure for a possible flip for picks. I am not talking like a All access Hard Knocks type of show just broadcast the practice and people will watch, look how many watch the Combine, Draft and show up to camp. 

That is a supplimental revenue stream as well for Teams to gain back their lost revenue from the crap Preseason 

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

But again how do we or anyone know Wilson didnt force the issue during camp?  We really dont.  Point being the 100s of Practice reps will tell you more than max 30 reps during Preseason games. 

Why do teams want any of their possible PS players showcasing anything. Maybe for a trade but I have a solution there too. Sell the rights to broadcast camp. That will give exposure for a possible flip for picks. I am not talking like a All access Hard Knocks type of show just broadcast the practice and people will watch, look how many watch the Combine, Draft and show up to camp. 

That is a supplimental revenue stream as well for Teams to gain back their lost revenue from the crap Preseason 

We don't necessarily know, but he never got a start in that pre season. Which tells me the Seahawks had no real intention of starting him. He just forced their hand by playing so well in the pre season games (and I am sure camp as well) that they had to start him. Also helped that Pete carroll is a play the best player > contract player as well.

8 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

We don't necessarily know, but he never got a start in that pre season. Which tells me the Seahawks had no real intention of starting him. He just forced their hand by playing so well in the pre season games (and I am sure camp as well) that they had to start him. Also helped that Pete carroll is a play the best player > contract player as well.

I guess we will have to disagree on this. Preseason IMO had nothing to do with it. 

• Like (+1) 1