Block in the back still an issue

ALLEN1QB

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Because you are then saying it’s fine to hit someone blind-sided 

Ask your teacher after recess if you still don't get it

So, you say it's rare that players would hit hard on the blindside anyway, because of "payback and pensions", yet by eliminating a rule (where they already weren't laying anyone out for the reasons you just listed)--they suddenly would completely change their behavior.....because there would be no flag thrown?  The would suddenly forget about the overwhelming deterrent effects of payback and pensions that you just cited....because they could?

I'm going to ask some of the kids at recess if they would use that type of reasoning in any situation.  After the laughter of the children subsides, I probably won't have to bother the teacher.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

They should eliminate this penalty altogether.  It does not increase the safety of or prevent any injuries to players.

...even Blandino commented on the call against I believe Redmond.....don't remember specifically the call, but he said it was in the hip area and not the knee.......said t was a non-call and that it should be part of film review for officials this week.......

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...even Blandino commented on the call against I believe Redmond.....don't remember specifically the call, but he said it was in the hip area and not the knee.......said t was a non-call and that it should be part of film review for officials this week.......

Pick any such called penalty in any game.  It's always a minor hit or push.  It's tough to light up a guy from behind while he's running away from you after your kick/punt returner

• Like (+1) 1