Teen throws 8 yr old off waterslide platform

2 hours ago, Greybeard said:

I was just thinking how if it the article gave the height in "story's" how it paints a much different picture and then your comment defined it.  Although I thought the rule of measure is 10 Ft per story.

I thought a story was 8'.  But heck, what's falling from 32' vs. 40'... Thats still a hell of a fall.  My brother fell off his semi from 10' shattered both his feet and ankles and is permanently disabled.  That's only 1 story.  Of coursre he was 40 years older and landed on concrete.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

3 hours ago, dpberr said:

I'm a *big* fan of filing charges against the parents or caretakers of autistic or otherwise challenged kids that do these sorts of things.  Examples must be made and people have to be responsible.  Don't want to throw the developmentally disabled in jail for their actions?  Ok, we'll do the parents then.  

For whatever reason, these kids are deceptively strong, with far more physical strength than you realize.  You combine that with an emotional outburst, you get this.  

I can speak from experience.  Last year, a 20-year old autistic child went on a rampage in a Target where he tossed every shopper in an aisle into the shelving or to the floor.  My mom was one of those shoppers - she broke her arm after being shoved hard into the shelving and hitting the floor.  The mother said "well he gets like this when he can't get what he wants..." Although my mother should have pressed charges and sued somebody, she didn't.  

It took three police officers to restrain this kid.  

+1

If "he gets like this" that means you don't take him into the store.   Like I said earlier, someone has to be responsible.  If the responsible party can't or won't control the person, the rules need to change.

As to the strength thing, I saw that too this weekend.  The 8 year old Downs kid was tossing my 11 year old nephew around like a rag doll when they were wrestling.  My nephew is a skinny little kid but still....

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

+1

If "he gets like this" that means you don't take him into the store.   Like I said earlier, someone has to be responsible.  If the responsible party can't or won't control the person, the rules need to change.

As to the strength thing, I saw that too this weekend.  The 8 year old Downs kid was tossing my 11 year old nephew around like a rag doll when they were wrestling.  My nephew is a skinny little kid but still....

Exactly.  Like keep them holed up somewhere. In a padded room.

On that note... Who's taking responsibility for DCTom having internet service!  The rules definitely need to change with respect to that! ?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

14 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

+1

I wrestled a developmentally challenged. I came to believe it is not that they are stronger it is just that they only give 100% in their movement. He would wear himself out in 10 seconds and recover in a single breath and attack the whole damn match. I ended up tech falling him because I could not pin him, but Jesus he beat the **** out of me and outweighed my (189 vs 215) by at least 30 lbs because I was cutting weight.

Even after the match his death grip on the bandshake was ridiculous.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Exactly.  Like keep them holed up somewhere. In a padded room.

On that note... Who's taking responsibility for DCTom having internet service!  The rules definitely need to change with respect to that! ?

We try to keep him confined to PPP but he tends to overpower the penguins guarding the front gate.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

We try to keep him confined to PPP but he tends to overpower the penguins guarding the front gate.

We should all go to a waterpark together.  Guess who I am NOT STANDING NEXT TO?

Good thing is, his cranium is so big, he'd be the only one allowed on the platform.

Nature, natural order keeping people safe!

?