PSA: Never Buy an LG Phone

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am an Idiot.

I Like Android OS... Been on it since Cupcake.  Like Nova Launcher, the customization, etc... Used to use Go Launcher... (still got it, but too many ads).

I like control of my files... Able to root old phones, etc...

Rest of Familia are iSheeple.  Style over function...

But you seem to be self-aware, so you should get points for that!  

?

• Like (+1) 1

My immediate family is an iPhone crowd. My mom has a Samsung we got her at some point. She’s 90 years old, and not a tech savant. I feel bad because I can’t help her too much. I know how to do the basics on my iPhone, but I have no clue how to help her on her Samsung. I should probably just get her an iPhone, but it seems silly. She has a desk top, and my old ipad, what does she need out of a phone? 

49 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am still drinking what they're selling.  I like my soda cans to be red, white, & blue ones.  I am very much an idiot, my execess ain't rebellion.

Is it you or your parents in this income tax bracket?

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

My immediate family is an iPhone crowd. My mom has a Samsung we got her at some point. She’s 90 years old, and not a tech savant. I feel bad because I can’t help her too much. I know how to do the basics on my iPhone, but I have no clue how to help her on her Samsung. I should probably just get her an iPhone, but it seems silly. She has a desk top, and my old ipad, what does she need out of a phone? 

Better than my early 80s in laws... Gave the the old iPhone 4s with new battery... Works great, got everything dummy proof.  Cleared everything off HomeScreen... Folders, no apps "to get in way." All they see is: Phone, Messaging, Photos, Email...

...They are still wicked confused.  Set then up w/new #... Even 716 area code.  Tacked them onto our unlimited Verizon plan for $20/month...

...They have a 7 year old flip phone that they want me to explain... Even I can't navigate it... They have a legacy plan with Virgin Mobile that keeps on collecting $$$... Hundreds of prepaid $$$$s... It's costing them more.  I think the father inlaw is getting Alzheimer's, simply dead set against SmartPhones.  Trying to ease the mother in law in, but wicked confused about using iPhone.

What newer generations find intuitive, some of the older ones are totally lost. They just can't process it. Wow.  I can't imagine showing them the Android world. Apple is dumbed down enough, molded the users into the same rigid tasks. How can anybody NOT take to Apple.  They are stuck in cell phone hell... Or just Luddites??

12 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Is it you or your parents in this income tax bracket?

LoL... I had to throw in the Cake reference.  So ahead of its time! ?