(SUW) I counted my Buttons.

Yesterday, I added up all the possible buttons I could push in my household.

No sliders, no dials, no click switches. Between 3 tv's and a dvd, cable box, remotes, 2 calculators, 1 microwave, a vcr, 1 computer (didn't include the keyboard but did include the mouse), 2 printers, a combo vcr/dvd, 3 phones, 1 2.3 watt boom box, 2 cell phones, 2 cassette recorders, I came up with 699. I tried to get to 700, even counting my doorbells and the toast button on my toaster over, but no dice.

Do I need counsuling?

What's your button count?

:blink:

Yesterday, I added up all the possible buttons I could push in my household.

No sliders, no dials, no click switches. Between 3 tv's and a dvd, cable box, remotes, 2 calculators, 1 microwave, a vcr, 1 computer (didn't include the keyboard but did include the mouse), 2 printers, a combo vcr/dvd, 3 phones, 1 25 watt boom box, 2 cell phones, 2 cassette recorders, I came up with 699. I tried to get to 700, even counting my doorbells and the toast button on my toaster over, but no dice.

Do I need counsuling?

What's your button count?

:blink:

276677[/snapback]

Did you seriously do that? You could count buttons on your coat and shirt.

Yes I did.  I didn't include shirt buttons, only those that would result in some action when pressed.

276700[/snapback]

Well I bet not all of the buttons on your remote actually do anything. So you have to take those off.

CW

Well I bet not all of the buttons on your remote actually do anything.  So you have to take those off.

CW

276701[/snapback]

You are probably right. I thought that my count of 699 could be a competitive number, but I am prepared to be slammed to the turf and relagated to a mere footnote by other folks' button counts. ;)

You are probably right. I thought that my count of 699 could be a competitive number, but I am prepared to be slammed to the turf and relagated to a mere footnote by other folks' button counts. ;)

276711[/snapback]

Listen man, if you're looking to really compete in the button counting arena, then you have to prepared for the kind of cutthroat theatrics that, ummm....

Ahhh, fuggit. This has totally jumped the shark. ;)

Okay, I didn't actually count the # of buttons, but w/ a cursory walk around the house & some estimates, (& I didn't count anything integrated into the house, just seperate appliances), but I'd estimate I've probably got about 500.