Victor Riley and Bennie Anderson

G Bennie Anderson: 6-5, 345, 4 yrs exp, UFA for Ravens

T Victor Riley: 6-5, 340, 7 yrs exp, UFA for Saints

A couple websites have these guys listed as the best free agents remaining at their positions. What do you all think about them? Both should come pretty cheap at this point in the free agency period, but I wonder why they haven't signed yet? Any injury issues? Criminal issues?

Anderson is damn good. He was a backup until injries put him in this year. Even as big as he is, has decent footwork and can move. He also benefited from the good Oline coaching in Baltimore. He should come cheap and would start instantly at LG, IMHO. Anderson, I don't ever remember getting into trouble.

Riley, I don't know much about. I seem to remember him having some issues a couple year ago.

Um, scratch Riley off your free agent wish list. My Google research revealed the following problems with him:

1. A domestic violence record

2. Fights with Saints teammates over the past 2 years

3. Led Saints team in penalties

4. Weight control issues

Yikes.

Um, scratch Riley off your free agent wish list. My Google research revealed the following problems with him:

1. A domestic violence record

2. Fights with Saints teammates over the past 2 years

3. Led Saints team in penalties

4. Weight control issues

Yikes.

276008[/snapback]

i was gonna say i thought i heard riley was a nasty SOB...

If only he treated his opponents the way he treats his family, teammates, discipline, and food...

Oh, he does.

The first thing to pop into my head when I saw the post title was the humor of having "Riley" and "dirt" in the same sentence. :blink:

Cya