My, my, my......

Azalin, I know about 6 cords, what site do you think I should try to learn more chords. I make up songs for my little ones, and I've run out of.........well, you know.

277316[/snapback]

I won't claim to play as well as Azalin (or most anybody else) but this is what I did:

Learn the major open chords, then the minor chords, and lastly, the sevenths.

Check out Fretboard Logic. There are three volumes (easy, intermediate, advanced), but the cheapest way to go is to buy an omnibus-type version.

From there you can play (or at least fake) just about damn near anything. :w00t:

I won't claim to play as well as Azalin (or most anybody else) but this is what I did:

Learn the major open chords, then the minor chords, and lastly, the sevenths.

Check out Fretboard Logic.  There are three volumes (easy, intermediate, advanced), but the cheapest way to go is to buy an omnibus-type version.

From there you can play (or at least fake) just about damn near anything. :w00t:

277412[/snapback]

Thank you. :w00t:

I tired of singing " The Wheels On the Bus" In "G" and "C" chords, it just doesnt work. Plus all the "Clean up you stuff" songs seem to meld into "Itsy Bitsy Spider"

songs.

I'm a mess. :w00t:

Nothing on line though?

Thank you. :w00t:

I tired of singing " The Wheels On the Bus" In "G" and "C" chords, it just doesnt work. Plus all the "Clean up you stuff"  songs seem to meld into "Itsy Bitsy Spider"

songs.

I'm a mess. :w00t:

Nothing on line though?

277450[/snapback]

Trying to move up to Wiggles songs are we? :w00t:

Nothing on line though?

277450[/snapback]

GuitarNoise.com has a lot of great info - including lessons covering everything from holding the guitar to chords to fingerpicking, 12-bar blues runs, and sweeping arpreggios. Lotsa' good stuff. Plus it's FREE!

Also, check out Power Tab Editor. It's a simple guitar tab and midi program editor that allows you to import midi files, ASCII tab, or Power Tab format files to practice and jam with. You can browse some of the Power Tab songs at the Power Tab Archive. And before I forget - Like GuitarNoise.com's lessons, Power Tab and the songs are free!

Just in case you aren't familiar with guitar tab, GuitarNoise.com has a section that tells you how to read it. If it's new to you, don't worry, reading tab is very easy, much much easier than reading standard musical notation.

Yup, you got me, guppy.

Bill? go !@#$ youself.

Azalin, I know about 6 cords, what site do you think I should try to learn more chords. I make up songs for my little ones, and I've run out of.........well, you know.

Also, I have not read music in about 25 years, thoughts? Played alto Sax for about 12 years.........I was very young though.

Oh, and Bill, !@#$ off again :w00t:

277316[/snapback]

you may wish to try this site.....it looks pretty simple to use and fairly extensive in it's scope.

http://hatbox.lib.virginia.edu/gtrchord/gtrchord

I'll glady send you some tips if you'd like.....just PM me and I'll give you my email.

wow... who dug you up? :unsure:

For those that may not know - PPP was the bastard child of Azalin. First it was called "the Arm Chair Pundit", but someone took the domain name on him, so he came up with PPP. He was the original moderator, creator, etc... of this place.

Care to explain 2+ years of absense? Did you just get your release? :doh:

if there's one thing i've learned on this board, is that republican/conservative vs democrat/liberal is akin to RJ vs DF

279432[/snapback]

And BOTH were dumped by the Bills. Too bad the US couldn't dump both too.

wow... who dug you up? :w00t:

For those that may not know - PPP was the bastard child of Azalin.  First it was called "the Arm Chair Pundit", but someone took the domain name on him, so he came up with PPP.  He was the original moderator, creator, etc... of this place.

Care to explain 2+ years of absense?  Did you just get your release? :w00t:

278888[/snapback]

well, howdy there stranger! I'm afraid that back when coach Williams took over the Bills, there were so many changes to the team that I lost my ability to speculate on the team's advantages & weaknesses. my Bills knowledge has always been based on a fan's familiarity with the team.....I've never had the analytical ability regarding football in general that so many others (including my bro) do. consequently, I faded from the Wall as a participant and took more of a 'lurker' role while spending most of my computer-time here at PP&P. the elections of 2000 made for some seriously interesting topical mattter, but after a while it all took on such a contentious manner that I began tiring of what seemed to be a completely futile conversation. around the same time my musical cohorts & I decided to ramp-up our songwriting & recording afforts. I started writing a lot of stuff that was actually beyond my ability to play, so I started putting in the time practicing as much as possible.....anywhere from three to seven hours a day. things are getting to the point now where some of our project material is starting to come together nicely and I can afford myself a little more time. I was delighted to see what The Wall has grown to become....it's a far cry from those days where the bricks were gone & you were having to deal with that OTHER COMPANY. just stopping by and slapping up a couple of posts has really rekindled the interest I used to have in mouthing off over here, so I'm glad to say that I'm planning to stick around again, even if I can only do so occasionally.

it's good to talk to you , guy.....it's a safe bet that the conversation will continue.