My, my, my......

I come back after what.....two years at least.....and things are as strident as ever over here, especially the voices from the left. I wondered about that for a minute and then I remembered.....last time I was here there was actually a slight presence of ranking democrats scattered around Washington. gee....those rascally republicans must have found a way to brainwash a few million more Americans during the first Bush term. how else can we explain their losing seats in both houses of Congress again...as well as the reelection of a president who's critics couldn't find a kind word about him if it was written on a note and stapled to their faces? could it be that Americans are showing that they can make decisions based on reality and not on idealism? oh, say it isn't so.

okay...that was a little of my classic sarcasm. I'm sure it hasn't been missed.

I remember back when the board was young and we had former pres Clinton in office. what I don't remember is the note of hysterical panic in posts from the right.....sure, there was plenty of criticism for Clinton, but the outright hatred was minimal by comparison to the few posts I read before I logged-in. the main reason I stopped posting here was actually twofold: less & less time in my personal life due to increasing music & recording activity, and also the fact that I was bored sick with trying to discuss anything of political import with people who'd rather rip off one of their own nadgers than actually cede an occasional point to anyone of another political stripe ( without a doubt a form of biggotry).

although I don't approve of a number of actions taken by the current administration, I vastly prefer their policy over anything that was presented in opposition during either of the last two elections. it would seem that the majority of Americans feel the same way. Hillary sees it.....look at her mad scramble to the center as of late. who are the current active Icons of the left? Kennedy & Pelosi....how less inluential & relevant can you get?

I'll have to remember to stop by here whenever a new proposal or piece of legislation is put forward by Bush/the republicans. the shrillness in the howls of opposition will serve as a pretty good guage as to the potential effectiveness of such offerings from the right. by my experience, the louder the screams from the opposition, the better the policy put forth by this administration.

.....and to all my old friends.....both those who agree with me and those who I've just annoyed.....best wishes in all you do.

a special aside to KRC: it looks like a finished CD will be in your not-so-distant future.

I'll stop back when I can.

\00/

:rolleyes:

I honestly don't remember you, but this sure the hell looks like a drive by flogging.  Hey if you see RCOW in your exodus send him back.  He needs a verbal ass beating.  ;)

275957[/snapback]

I remember him....that goes back to my days as a lurker.

I remember him....that goes back to my days as a lurker.

275972[/snapback]

I lurked for a long time as well. I remember the name but nothing really stands out. However if this the normal level of input he provided we sure are missing a fellow **** around here. :rolleyes:

I lurked for a long time as well.  I remember the name but nothing really stands out.  However if this the normal level of input he provided we sure are missing a fellow **** around here.  ;)

275974[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

yeah, from what I remember, Azalin fit the bill!

"Hillary sees it.....look at her mad scramble to the' center as of late."

She's just dreadful but I'm uncertain as to who the opposition can have run against her in "06. The Republicans in NY are in bad straits right now. Your scathing but fair ridicule of what passes for the progressive movement in this country is pretty much on target. I guess we'll have to wait and see how bad the right fouls things up- pretty much unimposed-to see if the left can even mount a rudimentary challenge that isn't frought with anachronism.

I remember back when the board was young and we had former pres Clinton in office. what I don't remember is the note of hysterical panic in posts from the right.....sure, there was plenty of criticism for Clinton, but the outright hatred was minimal by comparison to the few posts I read before I logged-in.

275949[/snapback]

Of course. The fact is (and you can research this and prove me correct) the hatred has always come from the left. There are few Republicans who literally HATE the other side. The left comes from HATE and DISPAIR (our president should be tried for war crimes, America sucks, yadda yadda yadda). The right comes from the side of HOPE and OPTIMISM (our economy is coming back, America is the city on a hill shining the light of liberty to all).

The liberals HATED Nixon, and were willing to attack him mercilessly and try to send him in prison even after he was out of office... Conservatives do NOT hate Clinton. Here is a man who was impeached (unlike Nixon) and purged himself under oath. But (for the most part) conservatives are willing to let him go, not attack him for what he did anymore. It's in the past.

You will never see the MAJORITY of conservative republicans ask for the head of a person from an opposing viewpoint, no matter how passionate they are about the issue. I don't think you can say the same about a MAJORITY of liberal democrats.

The liberals HATED Nixon, and were willing to attack him mercilessly and try to send him in prison even after he was out of office... Conservatives do NOT hate Clinton.  Here is a man who was impeached (unlike Nixon) and purged himself under oath.  But (for the most part) conservatives are willing to let him go, not attack him for what he did anymore.  It's in the past.

276252[/snapback]

You should take this on the road with Chris Rock. Your material is hilarious!

The liberals HATED Nixon, and were willing to attack him mercilessly and try to send him in prison even after he was out of office... Conservatives do NOT hate Clinton.  Here is a man who was impeached (unlike Nixon) and purged himself under oath.  But (for the most part) conservatives are willing to let him go, not attack him for what he did anymore.  It's in the past.

Not that we should bring up such dead issues but: Clinton was acquitted on the two articles of impeachment (perjury and obstruction of justice.) So legally speaking he did not perjur himself.

Nixon resigned before the house voted on impeachment so we will never know if an impeachment trial would have occured. Though I doubt that the senate would have found him guilty.

I come back after what.....two years at least.....and things are as strident as ever over here, especially the voices from the left. I wondered about that for a minute and then I remembered.....last time I was here there was actually a slight presence of ranking democrats scattered around Washington. gee....those rascally republicans must have found a way to brainwash a few million more Americans during the first Bush term. how else can we explain their losing seats in both houses of Congress again...as well as the reelection of a president who's critics couldn't find a kind word about him if it was written on a note and stapled to their faces? could it be that Americans are showing that they can make decisions based on reality and not on idealism? oh, say it isn't so.

okay...that was a little of my classic sarcasm. I'm sure it hasn't been missed.

I remember back when the board was young and we had former pres Clinton in office. what I don't remember is the note of hysterical panic in posts from the right.....sure, there was plenty of criticism for Clinton, but the outright hatred was minimal by comparison to the few posts I read before I logged-in. the main reason I stopped posting here was actually twofold: less & less time in my personal life due to increasing music & recording activity, and also the fact that I was bored sick with trying to discuss anything of political import with people who'd rather rip off one of their own nadgers than actually cede an occasional point to anyone of another political stripe ( without a doubt a form of biggotry).

although I don't approve of a number of actions taken by the current administration, I vastly prefer their policy over anything that was presented in opposition during either of the last two elections. it would seem that the majority of Americans feel the same way. Hillary sees it.....look at her mad scramble to the center as of late. who are the current active Icons of the left? Kennedy & Pelosi....how less inluential & relevant can you get?

I'll have to remember to stop by here whenever a new proposal or piece of legislation is put forward by Bush/the republicans. the shrillness in the howls of opposition will serve as a pretty good guage as to the potential effectiveness of such offerings from the right. by my experience, the louder the screams from the opposition, the better the policy put forth by this administration.

.....and to all my old friends.....both those who agree with me and those who I've just annoyed.....best wishes in all you do.

a special aside to KRC: it looks like a finished CD will be in your not-so-distant future.

I'll stop back when I can.

\00/

275949[/snapback]

This cant be true, a voice of reason from the left?

What kind of music did you record?

This cant be true, a voice of reason from the left? 

What kind of music did you record?

277293[/snapback]

I must have given a misimpression......I'm quite the right-winger, but I lack the pure partisanship that many enthusiasts embrace. as for the music, it's loud, mostly fast, a little bit dark, and very heavy on the guitars.

I must have given a misimpression......I'm quite the right-winger, but I lack the pure partisanship that many enthusiasts embrace. as for the music, it's loud, mostly fast, a little bit dark, and very heavy on the guitars.

277311[/snapback]

Yup, you got me, guppy.

Bill? go !@#$ youself.

Azalin, I know about 6 cords, what site do you think I should try to learn more chords. I make up songs for my little ones, and I've run out of.........well, you know.

Also, I have not read music in about 25 years, thoughts? Played alto Sax for about 12 years.........I was very young though.

Oh, and Bill, !@#$ off again :w00t:

Yup, you got me, guppy.

Bill? go !@#$ youself.

Azalin, I know about 6 cords, what site do you think I should try to learn more chords. I make up songs for my little ones, and I've run out of.........well, you know.

Also, I have not read music in about 25 years, thoughts? Played alto Sax for about 12 years.........I was very young though.

Oh, and Bill, !@#$ off again :w00t:

277316[/snapback]

I guess I touched a sensitive switch. :w00t:

Oh and Scott, :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: