Those Methodists are at it again!

Moose

I love it... painting religions with the broad brush!

How very 16th century of you.

Im sorry...

Al Zarqwari's forces are merely misunderstood "freedom fighters", just fighting for their rights against the oppresive U.S. and its horrible forces. Their tactics are simply their way of "speaking out". The U.S. should pull out immediatley and send the U.N. delegation to negotiate with them.

Im sorry...

Al Zarqwari's forces are merely misunderstood "freedom fighters", just fighting for their rights against the oppresive U.S. and its horrible forces. Their tactics are simply their way of "speaking out". The U.S. should pull out immediatley and send the U.N. delegation to negotiate with them.

21504[/snapback]

Chicot? That you?

Chicot?  That you?

21677[/snapback]

;) Nope. Zarqawi can hardly claim to be a freedom fighter - he's not even Iraqi. As I recall, a couple of Iraqi groups have threatened to kill him if he doesn't leave Iraq. Shame they haven't got him yet.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Im sorry...

21504[/snapback]

You know thw old tireless comparison...

If Al-Zarqwari is a Muslim, and he kills children, then all Muslims kill women and children. That's like saying:

If a soldier is American, and he tortures prisoners, then all American soldiers torture prisoners.

THATS WHY, when you turn around that silly argument that all Muslims are extremist and bad, it fails MISERABLY, and THAT'S WHY people get angry when then see abuse photos, and say America is evil. THAT'S WHY I have to explain myself every time someone asks me where I am from here in Turkey. It gets embarassing to explain that I am a good American guy EVERY FRICKING TIME thanks to some losers who have nmothing better to do than to walk Iraqis around naked, and acting like backwood rednecks!!!!!!!!!!!! GET ME? *SIGH*

THATS WHY, when you turn around that silly argument that all Muslims are extremist and bad, it fails MISERABLY, and THAT'S WHY people get angry when then see abuse photos, and say America is evil. THAT'S WHY I have to explain myself every time someone asks me where I am from here in Turkey. It gets embarassing to explain that I am a good American guy EVERY FRICKING TIME thanks to some losers who have nmothing better to do than to walk Iraqis around naked, and acting like backwood rednecks!!!!!!!!!!!! GET ME? *SIGH*

Yeah..thats all well and good.

But I didnt say all Muslims are animals.

I said all the insurgents and Al Zarqwari's thugs are animals.

There is just a SLIGHT difference there, pal.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Yeah..thats all well and good.

But I didnt say all Muslims are animals.

I said all the insurgents and Al Zarqwari's thugs are animals.

There is just a SLIGHT difference there, pal.

23232[/snapback]

MORE confusion! Two in one morning.. hehe

I wasn't talking about YOU.. I was talking about Moose with my original post!!!

So therein lies the problem!! :lol:

I was listening to cnn yesterday and heard a sad statement atrributed to a muslim cleric... I don't have a link but he basically said

"We (muslims) must come to the realization that while the majority of Muslims are not terrorists.... The majority of Terrorist are Muslim"

He went on to detail all major terroist organization around the world and outlined thier connection to Muslim extremist terrorist.....

Just about the only one that wasn't Muslim was the IRA...

I was listening to cnn yesterday and heard a sad statement atrributed to a muslim cleric... I don't have a link but he basically said

"We (muslims) must come to the realization that while the majority of Muslims are not terrorists.... The majority of Terrorist are Muslim"

He went on to detail all major terroist organization arounfd  the world and outlined there connection to Muslim extremist terrorist.....

Just about the only one that wasn't Muslim was the IRA...

23606[/snapback]

And if said cleric can get that statement accepted throughout the moderate Islamic world, that'll go a LONG way towards winning the war.

More likely, though, it'll just get him killed...

I wasn't talking about YOU.. I was talking about Moose with my original post!!!

23262[/snapback]

Never in ANY of my posts did I say that ALL MUSLIMS are Terrorists! Never!

Islam has a bit of an image problem, though, in that it does *seem* to be breeding an awful lot of terrorists in its ranks. Do you not have eyes to see this? And the so-called "moderate muslims" are far too quiet in condemning their radical brothers. Do you not see this?

The "broad brush" of which you speak is in the hands of the Islamic radicals. They are the ones painting Islam as a religion of violence, kidnapping, child murdering and beheading. Do you not see this? Their goal is to wage a world-wide Jihad between muslims and non-muslims, with no regard to the safety of their fellow muslims because, in their twisted reasoning, they will go to paradise if killed. They WANT DEATH! Death for the infidels, death for their fellow muslims, death for themselves! Until the muslim world renounces these bastards emphatically and resoundingly, weeds them from their midst and bans the type of hateful religious rhetoric taught in the maddrasses and mosques... they will be headed for a collision course that will be horrible in its breadth. They have to stop blaming the Jews and the West for all their problems and start working with the rest of the world instead of playing the victim.

BTW, your posts are personally insulting. There's no need to reply in that fashion.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Islam has a bit of an image problem, though, in that it does *seem* to be breeding an awful lot of terrorists in its ranks. Do you not have eyes to see this? And the so-called "moderate muslims" are far too quiet in condemning their radical brothers. Do you not see this?

The "broad brush" of which you speak is in the hands of the Islamic radicals. They are the ones painting Islam as a religion of violence, kidnapping, child murdering and beheading. Do you not see this? Their goal is to wage a world-wide Jihad between muslims and non-muslims, with no regard to the safety of their fellow muslims because, in their twisted reasoning, they will go to paradise if killed. They WANT DEATH! Death for the infidels, death for their fellow muslims, death for themselves! Until the muslim world renounces these bastards emphatically and resoundingly, weeds them from their midst and bans the type of hateful religious rhetoric taught in the maddrasses and mosques... they will be headed for a collision course that will be horrible in its breadth. They have to stop blaming the Jews and the West for all their problems and start working with the rest of the world instead of playing the victim.

BTW, your posts are personally insulting. There's no need to reply in that fashion.

24512[/snapback]

Well of COURSE they want death; they are akin to the Catholics of old who wanted pain of torture and death to heretics!!! NOTHING changes when you deal with people who are thinking like they do.

You should know as well as I do that crazy people with bombs and other things can make ANY group look bad, regardless of what that group is.

My post was part serious, part wry humor, but I guess if that is personally insulting, then I am sorry, but a few people here would rather adopt the 'kill em all, hate em all' strategy that just gets tiresome after a while!

You know, I work with a Lebanese Christian. He told me HORROR stories about how his Arab muslim neighbors destroyed Aramaic Christian communities that had been in Lebanon since the time of Christ. It was really sad, but it reinforced my view that Islam is neither a religion of peace nor something we should expect to coexist with peacefully.

You know, I work with a Lebanese Christian. He told me HORROR stories about how his Arab muslim neighbors destroyed Aramaic Christian communities that had been in Lebanon since the time of Christ. It was really sad, but it reinforced my view that Islam is neither a religion of peace nor something we should expect to coexist with peacefully.

25339[/snapback]

I suppose he neglected to mention the 1982 massacres in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps in which some 2000 Palestinian old men, women and children were slaughtered by Christian militias. No religion or ethnic group has a monopoly on atrocities.

24512[/snapback]

Never in ANY of my posts did I say that ALL MUSLIMS are Terrorists

No Moose you never said that but I will , active or passive they are still terrorists and so are the supporters many of whom post on this board.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

25339[/snapback]

OK... let me put it another way then...

The majority of Muslim governments are very conservative (i.e. Iran, Yemen, Oman, etc...) In a conservative government where religion is THE basis for rule, other religions that are NOT the majority are subjected to restrictions, injustices, and the like. It has been true when other religions have had conservative governments, or athiests have had conservative governments. They are REPRESSIVE, and dangerous when they go too far...

I am going to do an analysis of other religions and their role in a conservative government, and get back with you guys about it. I am SURE that I can find numerous examples where a religious, conservative government, no matter what the religion, is in itself repressive in nature.

I suppose he neglected to mention the 1982 massacres in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps in which some 2000 Palestinian old men, women and children were slaughtered by Christian militias. No religion or ethnic group has a monopoly on atrocities.

25385[/snapback]

Yes, well, you have to look at the balance of atrocities to point the finger. In that regard, I think the virtual genocide/ethnic cleansing caused by Lebanese/Arabic Muslims in Lebanon are FAR worse than any single act by a Christian milita.

Want further proof of Islam's ill will toward non-muslims? Look at Nigeria or Sudan.

Yes, well, you have to look at the balance of atrocities to point the finger. In that regard, I think the virtual genocide/ethnic cleansing caused by Lebanese/Arabic Muslims in Lebanon are FAR worse than any single act by a Christian milita.

Want further proof of Islam's ill will toward non-muslims? Look at Nigeria or Sudan.

25605[/snapback]

My understanding of what's happening in Sudan (without checking) is that those being killed are also muslims.