What was going through Beanes mind tonight?

The Browns were not trading #1 at all, it was not even up for discussion. They were taking their top rated QB in Mayfield.

The Giants asked too much to move up to #2. Barkley was by far their highest rated player on the board. Eli/ODB/Barkley gives the Giants a 3 year contention window.

The Jets gave up 3 2nds to move up to 3 and take their franchise QB. They were deciding between Mayfield and Darnold. They weren't trading their pick. 

The Browns were not going to take another QB at 4, and decided to go with Ward which helps their secondary. (Cost to move up too much)

Once Chubb fell to 5 there was no way the Broncos were going to trade down.

Same with above Nelson is a perfect fit to keep Luck protected.

Pick 7 was the first pick available that doesn't require to give up their other 1st rounder which helps us get Edmunds.

Bills had their QBS ranked:

1.) Darnold

2.) Allen

3.) Rosen

4.) Mayfield

Rosen was not even in the discussion because of his concussion concerns/attitude problems. However, in the post draft interview Beane says that Rosen is a great player and was certainly in the discussion for their pick so it makes it quite confusing to me. 

I still feel like we could have waited until pick 9/10 to trade up and save a 2nd rounder. 

All in all I hate the Allen pick still, but just feeling out what the Bills management staff is feeling. I am just tired of the Bills management drafting for the conditions in Buffalo. There was one snow game in the last how many years? It gets cold in December but September-November is 60s-70s and sunny. 

The most famous phrase of the last 20 years Bills GMs. He has all the "physical tools" and "strong arm" with "great legs". We can always work on the accuracy and mechanics. It's getting quite old... 

Edited by Awwufelloff

35 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

The Browns were not trading #1 at all, it was not even up for discussion. They were taking their top rated QB in Mayfield.

The Giants asked too much to move up to #2. Barkley was by far their highest rated player on the board. Eli/ODB/Barkley gives the Giants a 3 year contention window.

The Jets gave up 3 2nds to move up to 3 and take their franchise QB. They were deciding between Mayfield and Darnold. They weren't trading their pick. 

The Browns were not going to take another QB at 4, and decided to go with Ward which helps their secondary. (Cost to move up too much)

Once Chubb fell to 5 there was no way the Broncos were going to trade down.

Same with above Nelson is a perfect fit to keep Luck protected.

Pick 7 was the first pick available that doesn't require to give up their other 1st rounder which helps us get Edmunds.

Bills had their QBS ranked:

1.) Darnold

2.) Allen

3.) Rosen

4.) Mayfield

Rosen was not even in the discussion because of his concussion concerns/attitude problems. However, in the post draft interview Beane says that Rosen is a great player and was certainly in the discussion for their pick so it makes it quite confusing to me. 

I still feel like we could have waited until pick 9/10 to trade up and save a 2nd rounder. 

All in all I hate the Allen pick still, but just feeling out what the Bills management staff is feeling. I am just tired of the Bills management drafting for the conditions in Buffalo. There was one snow game in the last how many years? It gets cold in December but September-November is 60s-70s and sunny. 

The most famous phrase of the last 20 years Bills GMs. He has all the "physical tools" and "strong arm" with "great legs". We can always work on the accuracy and mechanics. It's getting quite old... 

like Aikman said tonight,  accuracy flaws cannot be fixed. You either have it or you don't. I'm afraid Josh will end up just like EJ & JP.....56% in D1 is awful. He's going to face world class dbs covering his wrs, De's coming at him a whole lot faster that wyo's competition....

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

like Aikman said tonight,  accuracy flaws cannot be fixed. You either have it or you don't. I'm afraid Josh will end up just like EJ & JP.....56% in D1 is awful. He's going to face world class dbs covering his wrs, De's coming at him a whole lot faster that wyo's competition....

Not saying Aikman is wrong, but he was homering pretty hard on fellow UCLA alum Rosen.... 

Also, as far as talent e v a l goes: Mayock > Aikman

• Thank you (+1) 1