Most important night for this franchise since our last Super bowl

Yeezus

Easily. Tonight can make or break the direction this franchise is headed in. We won't have this much draft capital in the next 4-6 years. Walking away with anything but a top 3 QB will be a major failure. 

The front office HAS to get their guy. No excuses tonight, Beane has been planning this since the day he came into the role. He traded away tons of young talented players to get here. You can keep convincing yourself that drafting a LB/DL/OL/CB will be a good alternative if we miss out on a QB. But none of those positions, none of those players will take us to a SB. We need our franchise guy. 

Edited by Yeezus
  • Like (+1) 1

Except for all of the other most important nights.   

The night they traded for JP Losman was a pretty important night.   Cost them Aaron Rodgers.  

How about the night they took CJ Spiller?   The night they traded up for Sammy?   The night they draft that total bust from Penn State (thank God I'm losing my memory, so I can forget guys lke that).   Those all were important nights. 

Let's hope tonight is important for a different reason.  

• Like (+1) 2

It is certainly up there I wouldn't even know how to rank them though.

You get this right and you have a franchise QB to go with an aging but good-great Shady, defense that has some real talent despite holes, and front office/coach that looks like they know what their actually doing. That is how you get a decade plus run of success started.

15 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Easily. Tonight can make or break the direction this franchise is headed in. We won't have this much draft capital in the next 4-6 years. Walking away with anything but a top 3 QB will be a major failure. 

The front office HAS to get their guy. No excuses tonight, Beane has been planning this since the day he came into the role. He traded away tons of young talented players to get here. You can keep convincing yourself that drafting a LB/DL/OL/CB will be a good alternative if we miss out on a QB. But none of those positions, none of those players will take us to a SB. We need our franchise guy. 

I thought you declared this front office incompetent? 

^ I have lurked on Shaw's posts since BBMB and they're always gold.. Thanks man! Losman was a terrible one, and your artist from Penn State over Orakpo was pretty bad but the OP is kinda right about about this one. I cannot remember a draft where we have been so close to such a highly rated QB prospect, whomever that is this year. EJ was the best hype we had and unfortunately there were no 1st rd (graded) QB and we reached... To play Devil's advocate here the best QB in that entire class may be Mike Glennen (WOW). This is just about as close to right time/right place with the most capital and largest number of top tier franchise changers within our sights. I dunno, I am probably rambling but it's all because I'm stoked for the Bills tonight!

Edited by FrankoElTanko