Reported on NFL Network; Browns going Allen or Mayfield

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

First 4 picks won’t be quarterbacks.. I’d be willing to bet anything on that.  

I feel the same way. I think people are just expressing their fears but I don't believe it's reality-based at all.

Has it ever played out like that where QB's go in succession like that?

Someone always seem to fall in shocking fashion no matter how good they are believed to be.

I expect the same tomorrow night.

10 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I just can't see the Browns being overly risky at 1.  If it is between these two they have to take Mayfield.  It'll suck if they do but they have to.  Allen at 1 is just way to major of a risk.

He's not the only one that has said that today.  Makes me think the Bills do like Allen somewhat.

The Browns might believe Allen has the highest ceiling and they don't mind sitting him for an entire year to work on his game.  The fact that Dorsey went out and spent the first pick in the third round to grab TT is one indicator that they will be patient with their rookie QB.  At the time they traded for TT a lot was said about how they overpaid for TT, but if their plan all along was to sit the rookie and let him develop,  getting a serviceable starting QB was essential.  They had to get a QB who could win some games for the Browns this year.  I think Dorsey understands they can't have another one or two win season this year because the clamor to start the rookie QB would become too great.  With TT in the fold, they can take Allen and give him time to develop.

2 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

More like the Browns are trolling for offers for the number 1 overall pick.

That's a possibility, they may be tweaking the Jets who see their Mayfield slipping away.  The Browns might be willing to trade back to 3 and grab a QB there in exchange for the Jet's 2019 first rounder....   

This is getting crazy.   I just need this draft to be over already...   :blink:

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Josh Allen or Mayfield going to at 1 might be bad news for the Bills.  It has been reported often that the only QB to temp the Giants at 2 is Darnold.  If the Browns bypass Darnold at 1, we could see QB 1-2-3 in this draft and that would not be good for us. 

and possibly four as the Patriots, Bills or Cardinals could jump to #4 and take the 4th QB.....leaving Denver the biggest prize of the draft; either Barkley or Chubb!

15 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Browns might believe Allen has the highest ceiling and they don't mind sitting him for an entire year to work on his game.  The fact that Dorsey went out and spent the first pick in the third round to grab TT is one indicator that they will be patient with their rookie QB.  At the time they traded for TT a lot was said about how they overpaid for TT, but if their plan all along was to sit the rookie and let him develop,  getting a serviceable starting QB was essential.  They had to get a QB who could win some games for the Browns this year.  I think Dorsey understands they can't have another one or two win season this year because the clamor to start the rookie QB would become too great.  With TT in the fold, they can take Allen and give him time to develop.

+1.....The Browns definitely feel good about 6-8 wins with Tyrod as a bridge QB....And if they can get Barkley or Chubb at #4, they have all the pieces in place for a long run....question is do they have the right HC?

49 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

I don't trust the Giants not to go QB if they stay put.

My gut says Giants are going to take their next Franchise QB...especially if Rosen is available....Rosen is that type of QB well suited for NY.