Mock Drafts - Mostly wild assumptions

There are a million mock drafts, mostly wild assumptions. Some actually put some study into the Bills, other just take wild guesses based on weather. Alot of mocks assume we have interest in Allen just because of his strong arm for passing in bad weather games = just crazy guesses. Other wrongly assume Jackson is either in or out due to He's the same as TT. Most all are works in progress but those are just plain annoying & uninformed. Didn't 5'6" Flutie QB here successfully for a while? 

My guess is the Beane Team has Rosen & Mayfield rated the highest on their board, Just a Feeling!

1 hour ago, Bills Freak said:

There are a million mock drafts, mostly wild assumptions. Some actually put some study into the Bills, other just take wild guesses based on weather. Alot of mocks assume we have interest in Allen just because of his strong arm for passing in bad weather games = just crazy guesses. Other wrongly assume Jackson is either in or out due to He's the same as TT. Most all are works in progress but those are just plain annoying & uninformed. Didn't 5'6" Flutie QB here successfully for a while? 

My guess is the Beane Team has Rosen & Mayfield rated the highest on their board, Just a Feeling!

I agree with you completely.

If it's Rosen then we have to trade up to 2nd, I think all we have to do to get Mayfield is to get in front of Miami.

My QB preference is Lamar Jackson who I think will be available at 12.

.. the mental aspects of the game are more important IMO versus physical aspects...S&C gang can improve a QB's physicality to a certain extent......as Steve Young (yup, THAT guy) eloquently said, "more collegians fail versus succeed in the NFL because of the speed and complexity of the game at this level".......hence, an incoming rook must already possess some progressive gray matter skills from day one....sure I'll get bashed, but the Peterman kid did show some early signs of it IMO......a MAXIMUM of FIVE SECONDS for a QB to process the entire field from pre-snap to play execution is a pretty small window......and I'm not sure if you can "train the brain" to speed up versus coming to the NFL with an Intel processor between your ears.......so putting aside physicality for a moment, who from extensive TBD poster reviews are the top dawgs on the mental side?.................

• Like (+1) 1

Myth among many mock drafters: since Eric Wood was forced to retire due to injury, Buffalo is desperate to draft a plug and play center early in the draft.

Reality:  Buffalo currently devotes more cap dollars to the center position than any other team in the NFL.  They believe Ryan Groy is a starter quality center judging by his salary, and they signed a center with a good amount of starting experience to serve as his backup.  If they draft an interior lineman, it will be a guy who can compete at guard as well as backup center.

Some mock drafter project Allen to Buffalo, citing the weather as the OP suggests.  Others project Mayweather, who also has a good arm.  All of the top four actually have decent or better arm strength.  However, I agree, weather rarely impacts more than a game or two at New Era Field, and in the snow game last year, nobody was going to have a downfield passing game, strong arm or not.  Arm strength would not be a significant liability for Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph.

I do agree w/ that to an extent. This would place prospects like Rosen & possibly Mayfield above prospects like Jackson. Talent certainly plays a large role as well but an even scale I would prefer the head that can quickly analyze to enable execution at the necessary speed. 

11 hours ago, Bills Freak said:

So you’re tellin us mock drafts are just guesses?  Well that ruined my day.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

The thing that keeps making me shake my head this draft season is "the Bills need a guy with a big arm for that Buffalo weather!".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Cleveland, New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and both New Jersey teams also play in bad weather from time to time? Don't ROAD teams play in bad weather? You don't hear people constantly talk about "The Browns should take Allen over Darnold because of that swirling Lake Erie wind!". 

When you hear analysts talking about Buffalo, they always make it sounds like the farthest reaches of Siberia. It's just not that extremely different than other northeast based teams! It's ridiculous!