WR Terrelle Pryor Agrees to a Deal with the NYJ

51 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And the Broncos, chargers, raiders and Ravens had a better roster overall than the Bills last year.  Yet, they didn’t make the playoffs.  We did.  

Reilly hasn’t proven anything in the NFL, but he currently runs better routes and has better hands than TP.   Husker fan here, watched the majority of his games.  Very good route runner with very good hands.  They’re the only 2 reasons he’s in the NFL.  The only reason Pryor is in the NFL is because he’s big and fast.

Production matters regardless of the reason.  I'll compare Reilly to him if he makes a regular season contribution.  If he can't make the Bills as a WR, then he won't make it at all. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

31 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Production matters regardless of the reason.  I'll compare Reilly  to him if he makes a regular season contribution.  If he can't make the Bills as a WR, then he won't make it at all. 

This was in regards to the comment that Pryor had more “talent” than any of our WRs. He has more runnning and jumping talent.  That is all.  If his route running and Hands were as good as Reilly, he’d be an all pro.  But he isn’t.....because he doesn’t run good routes and has below average hands./tracking.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

This was in regards to the comment that Pryor had more “talent” than any of our WRs. He has more runnning and jumping talent.  That is all.  If his route running and Hands were as good as Reilly, he’d be an all pro.  But he isn’t.....because he doesn’t run good routes and has below average hands./tracking.

New to the position so that's not that big of a surprise. 

53 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Running and jumping talent.....maybe.  Route running and and catching talent,....not even close.  Brandon Reilly smokes him in both categories and he may not even play.  Pryor really was awful in Washington and I’m glad we didn’t sign him.  I realize our WRs could be the worst in the league.  If we had Pryor, we’d still be the worst.  

You guarantee the jets will be better than the Bills this season?  Shame on you Yolo.

Smokescreen?

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

New to the position so that's not that big of a surprise. 

I guess I just view the difference between talent and athleticism differently than you

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Smokescreen?

Haha.  I hope so!

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I guess I just view the difference between talent and athleticism differently than you

There is physical abilty that he obviously possess and there are specific skills related to the playing position of WR that you alluded to. 

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There is physical abilty that he obviously possess and there are specific skills related to the playing position of WR that you alluded to. 

So what is talent?  You said he has more talent than any of our WRs.  I disagree.  I believe he’d be the best athlete on the Bills, but not the most talented 

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So what is talent?  You said he has more talent than any of our WRs.  I disagree.  I believe he’d be the best athlete on the Bills, but not the most talented 

He'd be the most talented WR on the team based on his physical ability. Sounds to me like semantics.   Now if you're talking WR skill sets like running every type of route and other nuances associated with playing the position, that's another story related to time on task and repetition.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He'd be the most talented WR on the team based on his physical ability. Sounds to me like semantics.   Now if you're talking WR skill sets like running every type of route and other nuances associated with playing the position, that's another story.

Talent:  natural aptitude or skill.  Route running and catching the ball do not come naturally for Pryor.  Running comes naturally for him.  Running and being tall are not the most important factors in being a good WR.  Some WRs are natural pass catchers.  It’s not just a skill.  It’s a talent for many of them.  

Just now, NewEra said:

Talent:  natural aptitude or skill.  Route running and catching the ball do not come naturally for Pryor.  Running comes naturally for him.  Running and being tall are not the most important factors in being a good WR.  Some WRs are natural pass catchers.  It’s not just a skill.  It’s a talent for many of them.  

He did pretty darn well in 2016 with over 1000 yards receiving for a guy who in your words is not that "talented". 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

He did pretty darn well in 2016 with over 1000 yards receiving for a guy who in your words is not that "talented". 

Also had Josh McCown throwing him the ball in an anemic Browns offense. Probably best to put him on the outside across from Robby Anderson and see what he does. Kearse In the slot..Enunwa at TE/H-Back

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Also had Josh McCown throwing him the ball in an anemic Browns offense. Probably best to put him on the outside across from Robby Anderson and see what he does. Kearse In the slot..Enunwa at TE/H-Back

I think your boys will miss ASJ at TE and Will Robby be suspended? 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think your boys will miss ASJ at TE and Will Robby be suspended? 

I liked ASJ but in retrospect he came on strong at first but really didn’t have much of an impact down the stretch. I also believe we could of paid him the extra few bucks to keep him. Which leads me to believe Quincy is their guy again.

And I’m not too sure about Anderson. There hasn’t even any talk about it, but if it does happen I would suspect something light like a 2 game suspension. Anything higher than that would surprise me. Well actually maybe four...that’s what Sheldon Richardson got for his speeding incident.

Edited by Patriot Killa

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He’s not a very talented WR imo.  He’s a great athlete that was the only option on what could be the worst WR unit in history once Coleman broke his hand.  Teams are going to accumulate stats.  He was just the best of the worst and accumulated stats.  

Peyton Hillis ran for almost 1200 yards and had 11 tds one season.  He was incredibly talented......

I believe that Pryor has more upside than any WR on the Bills.  A higher ceiling.  But I just don’t see how he’s a more talented WR than everyone on the Bills.  He’s just a better athlete.  Like I said before, we just view things differently 

22 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I liked ASJ but in retrospect he came on strong at first but really didn’t have much of an impact down the stretch. I also believe we could of paid him the extra few bucks to keep him. Which leads me to believe Quincy is their guy again.

And I’m not too sure about Anderson. There hasn’t even any talk about it, but if it does happen I would suspect something light like a 2 game suspension. Anything higher than that would surprise me. Well actually maybe four...that’s what Sheldon Richardson got for his speeding incident.

Richardson should’ve gone to jail for that one he pulled.  Dude is just an idiot 

I'm really happy about the awful moves that the rest of the AFC East is making.  It's like a fantasy football draft with three guys that haven't watched football in two years.  Jeremy Hill?  Cordarrelle Patterson?  Frank Gore?  Now Terrelle Pryor? Is Reggie Cobb available?  None of these teams have made an offensive splash this off-season, if we can get a single game changer in addition to Shady we'd have the upper hand.

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s not a very talented WR imo.  He’s a great athlete that was the only option on what could be the worst WR unit in history once Coleman broke his hand.  Teams are going to accumulate stats.  He was just the best of the worst and accumulated stats.  

Peyton Hillis ran for almost 1200 yards and had 11 tds one season.  He was incredibly talented......

I believe that Pryor has more upside than any WR on the Bills.  A higher ceiling.  But I just don’t see how he’s a more talented WR than everyone on the Bills.  He’s just a better athlete.  Like I said before, we just view things differently 

Richardson should’ve gone to jail for that one he pulled.  Dude is just an idiot 

Yeah, Sheldon is an idiot for sure. Glad we got rid of em’. Can’t endanger a child like that. We got a good return for the trade, too. I initially thought we waited too long to trade him and his value would drop..but the Seahawks gave us a good deal.

Edited by Patriot Killa