Jason Taylor for Henry?

JP-era

IMO,

We simply do not have a solid double digit sack DE on our squad. Schobel is the next Phil Hansen, NOT Bruce Smith. We still could use a big time pass rusher.

Miami is desperate for a RB. If so many of you are so sour on Henry why not trade him to the fish?

Here is the rumor floating about Jason:

Despite the statement released by coach Nick Saban this week that the Miami Dolphins neither plan to trade Jason Taylor nor move him to linebacker, don't pencil the veteran defensive end into the Dolphins' opening day lineup just yet. Sources within the organization contend that the Dolphins might listen if the right offer for Taylor came along. One reason: Some staffers feel that Taylor is an undisciplined defender at times, a player who freelances in search of the sack, a guy who doesn't take on blockers very well. They love his upfield speed but are wary, they say, of Taylor's alleged habit of getting out of position. We always felt that Taylor, despite his lack of bulk, played the run pretty well. Then again, our opinion really doesn't count, does it? And remember this: Before owner Wayne Huizenga hired Saban, the typically low-key Taylor was one of the players who publicly questioned the wisdom of hiring the former LSU coach. In any case, don't close the door on a possible trade of Taylor just yet.

Jason Taylor adds a solid double digit sack guy to our young D-line. Henry goes to the fish and with our speedy LB's and big Sam, I dont see him having that much success against us.

Problem is, it may take more than Henry to get Taylor, how about Henry plus Denney or Henry plus our 4th rounder. I would still do it. We really havent had a bigtime pass rusher and a guy like Taylor would keep Tom Brady at bay and could be the difference in games against them.

Thoughts?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Schoebel was just resigned to a multi-year contract.

2. Schoebel has performed at a level almost equal to that of Taylor.

3. Denney is emerging as a solid LDE.

4. Taylor is too light to play LDE on a regular basis.

So in a word "NO". We don't need this guy on our team, we have other areas that need to be addressed.

You'd have to be on crack to make that deal.

Miami would NEVER EVER do that.

You better take a close look at Henry and see what he's really worth.

272243[/snapback]

you and Mike dont seem to agree.

And the crack comment is uneccessary.

You never know what can be done.

1.  Schoebel was just resigned to a multi-year contract.

2. Schoebel has performed at a level almost equal to that of Taylor.

3.  Denney is emerging as a solid LDE.

4.  Taylor is too light to play LDE on a regular basis.

So in a word "NO".  We don't need this guy on our team, we have other areas that need to be addressed.

272242[/snapback]

With all due respect Mike- WHAT!!! A player with 80 sacks is too light to play DE?

This is not as absurd as it sounds, something is up with Miami and Taylor. He is a proto-type end, not a linebacker. I would jump to extremes to have this guy on our squad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=3968

you and Mike dont seem to agree.

And the crack comment is uneccessary.

You never know what can be done.

Yeah, so?

Get thicker skin

This would NOT get done

With all due respect Mike- WHAT!!! A player with 80 sacks is too light to play DE?

This is not as absurd as it sounds, something is up with Miami and Taylor. He is a proto-type end, not a linebacker. I would jump to extremes to have this guy on our squad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=3968

272248[/snapback]

I didn't say he was too light to play DE, I said he was too light to play LDE on a regular basis. Taylor is a 255lb speed rusher, I think he'd struggle if he was moved to LDE on a regular basis. He's also about 20lbs too light to be a proto-type anything.

The point is moot, there is no way, no how the Dolphins are contemplating trading Taylor for Henry. Even they aren't that stupid.

I didn't say he was too light to play DE, I said he was too light to play LDE on a regular basis.  Taylor is a 255lb speed rusher, I think he'd struggle if he was moved to LDE on a regular basis.  He's also about 20lbs too light to be a proto-type anything.

The point is moot, there is no way, no how the Dolphins are contemplating trading Taylor for Henry.  Even they aren't that stupid.

272268[/snapback]

Taylor is about 5 lbs lighter than Ogunleye was at LDE for the Dolphins. You remember him, right? Mike Williams sure does, as do I.

in order to not make stupid trade proposals, put yourself in the other team's shoe.

imagine that you have Jason Taylor on your team... he's one of the few great pass rushers in the league... now some team comes along and offers you Travis Henry and a 4th rounder for him... he's just a running back, this draft is deep on RB's... would you make this deal?

of course not... you would laugh them off the phone or out the door.

then why are we even discussing this?

in order to not make stupid trade proposals, put yourself in the other team's shoe.

imagine that you have Jason Taylor on your team... he's one of the few great pass rushers in the league... now some team comes along and offers you Travis Henry and a 4th rounder for him... he's just a running back, this draft is deep on RB's... would you make this deal?

272324[/snapback]

In the new world of TSW instead of flaming away with....

"I hate stupid trade proposals that don't make any sense and would not happen in a million years"

we now say...

"that's a very interesting proposal that Miami would be crazy not to be interested in. I hope they read TSW so they can better understand what a good deal this would be." :blush:

:D:P

Guess what he's too light to play defensive end numb nuts. The only thing Taylor can do is rush the passer. He has very few tackels if you check his stats. Why do think the fins signed Kevin Carter and Vonnie Holiday?, because Taylor will be swithced to linebacker or be cut. That's right cut, He' too small against the run. No way would i trade Henry for Taylor no value for us.

Yeah, so?

Get thicker skin

This would NOT get done

272266[/snapback]

Point is your, absolute type comments arent quite absolute

Dont need a thicker skin, you need to observe the rules

Again, you have no clue (neither do I) what can and cant get done

In the new world of TSW instead of flaming away with....

"I hate stupid trade proposals that don't make any sense and would not happen in a million years"

we now say...

"that's a very interesting proposal that Miami would be crazy not to be interested.  I hope they read TSW so they can better understand what a good deal this would be." :blush:

:D  :P

272331[/snapback]

WAAAAAAYYYYYY too funny

272324[/snapback]

I personally agree and would be willing to part with Henry a 3rd and 5th, or even just a 2nd to get him. However, if I were to write that Henry plus our 2nd for Taylor, I would have been flamed even worse than I was.

Guess what he's too light to play defensive end numb nuts.  The only thing Taylor can do is rush the passer. He has very few tackels if you check his stats. Why do think the fins signed Kevin Carter and Vonnie Holiday?, because Taylor will be swithced to linebacker or be cut. That's right cut, He' too small against the run. No way would i trade Henry for Taylor no value for us.

272334[/snapback]

Obviously you either dont understand the rules around here or hate this post so much that you are sending it to the deleted pile with a crack like "numb nuts".

Grow up, or get out! Theres no place for cracks like that.