Uncapped year....

Anyone else not excited about this possibility? Hope the NFL players and owners are smarter than the NHL players and owners.

271585[/snapback]

Just my 2 cents...The new CBA will be negotiated before then and as part of the deal the uncapped year will be voided.

If not Daniel Snyder would go crazy and spend 300 million dollars in one year! :blush:

Just my 2 cents...The new CBA will be negotiated before then and as part of the deal the uncappped year will be voided. 

If not Daniel Snyder would go crazy and spend 300 million dollars in one year! :blush:

271611[/snapback]

What is the exact timetable as it stands now?

Just my 2 cents...The new CBA will be negotiated before then and as part of the deal the uncapped year will be voided. 

271611[/snapback]

Aside from the owner of ProFootballTalk.com, who is the proof that brothers and sister should never marry each other, I've heard no talk on this at all except for a report from ESPN a few months ago where they said that the "uncapped year" has almost no chance of happening due to both sides looking to avoid a MLB system, even for a year.

Let Florio have his fun, because there will be a cap in 2007.

Aside from the owner of ProFootballTalk.com, who is the proof that brothers and sister should never marry each other, I've heard no talk on this at all except for a report from ESPN a few months ago where they said that the "uncapped year" has almost no chance of happening due to both sides looking to avoid a MLB system, even for a year.

Let Florio have his fun, because there will be a cap in 2007.

271617[/snapback]

Funny, Lenny P mentioned it in his recent article.

*as the clouds part*

Ask and ye shall receive, my child.

Scroll down to the first "Around the League" paragraph.

271643[/snapback]

Ah I was looking for an entire section on it...honestly, I dont think its going to happen though. If this was in such danger of happening, I think you'd see a lot more panic from the NFL teams because essentially you'd have 5 teams cleaning up and the other 27 owners left without any shot. I really dont think it will happen.

The NFL is thankfully not the NHL...they'll get their act together and extend it easily in the next 2 years.

Ah I was looking for an entire section on it...honestly, I dont think its going to happen though.  If this was in such danger of happening, I think you'd see a lot more panic from the NFL teams because essentially you'd have 5 teams cleaning up and the other 27 owners left without any shot.  I really dont think it will happen.

The NFL is thankfully not the NHL...they'll get their act together and extend it easily in the next 2 years.

271649[/snapback]

We can only hope. An uncapped year would be disastrous for the Bills.

Ah I was looking for an entire section on it...honestly, I dont think its going to happen though.  If this was in such danger of happening, I think you'd see a lot more panic from the NFL teams because essentially you'd have 5 teams cleaning up and the other 27 owners left without any shot.  I really dont think it will happen.

271649[/snapback]

If you want to try and decipher the legal mumbo jumbo, the uncapped year is part of the CBA at nflpa.org.