We hadn't done this in awhile

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo/46/Northern Atlanta suburb

Love Buffalo area growing up, but the smartest people keep leaving for better opportunity and the area keeps getting stupider. For the first time in 20 years, I'm now leaning towards saying I'd never go back. When will they learn that unions and high taxes aren't the answer.

You'd think at some point they'd say to themselves, "why is everyone leaving for the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida?"

And believe me, it's not a weather issue for most people - it's economic.

Think of all the thousands of graduates who pass through the area universities and what a small percentage stay to work. There's something really wrong, but the only thing anyone seems to be able to do is blame New York City for their problems.

Love Buffalo area growing up, but the smartest people keep leaving for better opportunity and the area keeps getting stupider. For the first time in 20 years, I'm now leaning towards saying I'd never go back. When will they learn that unions and high taxes aren't the answer.

You'd think at some point they'd say to themselves, "why is everyone leaving for the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida?"

And believe me, it's not a weather issue for most people - it's economic.

Think of all the thousands of graduates who pass through the area universities and what a small percentage stay to work. There's something really wrong, but the only thing anyone seems to be able to do is blame New York City for their problems.

274120[/snapback]

I don't think I could have said that any better myself. Looking at this post by Jeff, most of the people that responded are living most everywhere except Buffalo now. It's just a shame that the politicians and the people of Buffalo that are so set in their ways fail to realize that the lack of an economy in Buffalo is creating a mass exodus. Too Bad!! Buffalo is a great city.

hometown - buffalo

currently - tallahassee, living with puhonix

age - 23

274080[/snapback]

Dammit Ramius, If catch you underneath the deck one more time...

Let me clarify, he lives in a Dolphin household, in his own Buffaloed room, with his Eric Moulds and Drew Bledsoe jerseys keeping him company.

He did get a McGahee, but too little too late in my opinion.

Can you do something about getting rid of the Inner Loop for me?  :lol:

274648[/snapback]

This time of year there is a very real possibility that the entire infrastructure may collapse into one large pothole. Your wish may come true.