Law in Pittsburgh

VABills

Seems old Ty is visiting the Steelers and is walking in a soft cast now.  No more wheelchair for him.  I didn't know it but he is from that area, and seems like they may get him for a hometown discount. 

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-re...e/s_312267.html

271492[/snapback]

He's from Alliquippa, PA, just up the road from where I live.

The Steelers do have a need for a CB, but I would be very suprised if they sign him, it's just not the "Steelers Way" :blush:

Looks like Ty is still entertaining the Steelers.

Note the story says nothing about the Bills signing him only the other teams. Seems like either TD resigns Clements or picks up a CB in the 2nd.

Other teams that might be interested in Law's services include the Kansas City Chiefs, Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, Oakland Raiders and Dallas Cowboys.
http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14137665&BRD=2305&PAG=461&dept_id=478568&rfi=6

Looks like Ty is stilling entertaining the Steelers. 

Note the story says nothing about the Bills signing him only the other teams.  Seems like either TD resigns Clements or picks up a CB in the 2nd. 

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cfm?n...id=478568&rfi=6

273185[/snapback]

With our O-Line, we are defitnitely going to be forced to draft O-Line with that 2nd rounder.

With our O-Line, we are defitnitely going to be forced to draft O-Line with that 2nd rounder.

273206[/snapback]

I concur at this point. Just interesting as we have so many holes. I am one of the folks who feels Mcgee is not a good #2 CB, and feel we need someone else. I think Law is overkill and would ensure that Nate is gone next year.

Yeah we need OL, we need a TE, we need LB depth, we probably need one more solid DT, and depth at RB.

I didnt realize that Law is attempting to become the oldest athlete ever (31)to try to come back from this type of foot operation. Buyer beware.

273216[/snapback]

But an incentive based contract could be good for both him and whatever team signs him. Little upfront or long term exposure to the signing team and if Law comes back healthy he gets plenty of dough.

But an incentive based contract could be good for both him and whatever team signs him.  Little upfront or long term exposure to the signing team and if Law comes back healthy he gets plenty of dough.

273218[/snapback]

Agreed. Maybe he could burn CD's for some extra cash?

273206[/snapback]

Dont be too sure. The Bills biggest need has been OL for many years. This is not something new, but they almost always go in other directions.

I am all but sure that the Bills will take a corner with their first selection.

Wait and see. 0:)

I am one of the folks who feels Mcgee is not a good #2 CB, and feel we need someone else.  I think Law is overkill and would ensure that Nate is gone next year. 

273209[/snapback]

I agree with you on McGee. I think he is fine as a nickel back, but I don't like him starting. If our defensive line stays the way it is right now, I can see McGee getting exposed pretty often. I think DB has got to be a priority. I would really rather see the Bills stay away from an O-lineman in the 2nd round, and work with the guys we have, and maybe add another free agent or two, in the no-name category (like Gandy). Unless, of course, there is a legit blue-chip lineman available at that point. O-linemen just take too long to develope, typically. I would rather pick up someone else's draft pick from a few years back, who has some experience (like DeMulling), than try to work a new guy in...