car trade in value

teef

30 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

You must be then

Not saying I agree, all perspective.

Other parameters factor in too... I think it is unheard of too to over-extend on a mortgage.  5 years vs. 30?  I am thankful cost of by me is low.  Again, all perspective... 1,000s on a mortgage is crazy.

Vehicles...  I pay cash.  Bad investment cars.  But you can lessen it.  That's the best bargaining chip w/dealers... You can almost dictate your price, if they know you will cut them a clean deal, check or walk. Some dealer will bite, pass their loss onto someone else.  Hey, the systen kills me too.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Not saying I agree, all perspective.

Other parameters factor in too... I think it is unheard of too to over-extend on a mortgage.  5 years vs. 30?  I am thankful cost of by me is low.  Again, all perspective... 1,000s on a mortgage is crazy.

Vehicles...  I pay cash.  Bad investment cars.  But you can lessen it.  That's the best bargaining chip w/dealers... You can almost dictate your price, if they know you will cut them a clean deal, check or walk. Some dealer will bite, pass their loss onto someone else.  Hey, the systen kills me too.

so why would you pay cash for a bad investment when interest rates have been historically low for a decade and the market has been exploding? 

And BTW, dealers hate, or at the very least, are ambivalent to all-cash deals..they make cake on the financing as well in many instances.

All cash to them only matter if you cant get a loan..then all cash is great!!!

BTW, I always put at least $3,000 down on the card..might as well get the points, and that is the max I have seen at most dealerships.

Edited by plenzmd1

46 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

so why would you pay cash for a bad investment when interest rates have been historically low for a decade and the market has been exploding? 

And BTW, dealers hate, or at the very least, are ambivalent to all-cash deals..they make cake on the financing as well in many instances.

All cash to them only matter if you cant get a loan..then all cash is great!!!

BTW, I always put at least $3,000 down on the card..might as well get the points, and that is the max I have seen at most dealerships.

Laziness... Clean.  Done.

Edit: On my part.

3 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

In California everyone that I knew was paying interest only loans and paying 3000k monthly plus on a house.

Wow!

3 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

In California everyone that I knew was paying interest only loans and paying 3000k monthly plus on a house.

Most be living in hovels

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Laziness... Clean.  Done.

Let your money work for ya!!! Debt is NOT a bad word

I had a nice house in a suburb in San Diego and it was very common back then 3000k for a home and of course everyone had high end cars as well. House was constructed in 2002.

Edited by Helpmenow

This all reminds me of a story that I think is a perfect example of how dirty dealerships can be. 5 or so years ago when my car was 1 year old, a dealership was having one of their buyback events with so called great deals. I had free time so I decided to check it out, with absolutely no intention of trading in. When they priced out the cost for the new car, some very simple math showed me that the trade back value they were offering me for the one year old car with less than 10k miles was a nice round $0. Now I guess it’s not robbery if you agree to it, but that’s easentially what they were trying. I walked out the door that second. Yeah, it’s a negotiating game, but that was one hell of a slap in the face as a starting point. 

8 minutes ago, shrader said:

This all reminds me of a story that I think is a perfect example of how dirty dealerships can be. 5 or so years ago when my car was 1 year old, a dealership was having one of their buyback events with so called great deals. I had free time so I decided to check it out, with absolutely no intention of trading in. When they priced out the cost for the new car, some very simple math showed me that the trade back value they were offering me for the one year old car with less than 10k miles was a nice round $0. Now I guess it’s not robbery if you agree to it, but that’s easentially what they were trying. I walked out the door that second. Yeah, it’s a negotiating game, but that was one hell of a slap in the face as a starting point. 

Car dealers are slime... Below bankers in Dantes Inferno... If they one had cars in The Inferno...<_<