(OT) New uniforms, blue ice for Sabres?

Buftex

The Neutral Zone Trap id essentially a 1-2-2 formation.

(1-2-2) First forechecker takes away the middle of the ice forcing the puck handler to either side of the boards. He also is insurance to prevent the defensmen from working the puck.

(1-2-2)Depending on which side the puckhandler takes, the second guy know takes the puckhandler, trying to get him to cough the puck up or try a foolish pass. The weakside forward moves to prevent the middle of the ice from opening up.

(1-2-2) Are there as back-ups to the first set of 2. They can also pinch the puckhandler, essentially double teaming him anywhere he goes. Where the big gripe about holding comes in, is that the first set of 2 clutch and grab allowing the second set of two to move in on the puckhandler.

...anyway, in a nutshell. There are variations. Legend has it that this was devised to stop the Russians back in the 70's.

I'm calling shenanigans! It doesn't matter what color the ice or the jersey's are. Hockey may be dead in the water and that sucks big time! It's just a ploy to get people talking about a sport that doesn't exist right now. I question the reason for this article at all?

Jeff

I'm calling shenanigans! It doesn't matter what color the ice or the jersey's are. Hockey may be dead in the water and that sucks big time! It's just a ploy to get people talking about a sport that doesn't exist right now. I question the reason for this article at all?

Jeff

271536[/snapback]

Uh, because the Amerks (Sabres top minor league affiliate), who are currently the best team in North America, are playing in the big club's arena? Yeah, I think that's it.

Uh, because the Amerks (Sabres top minor league affiliate), who are currently the best team in North America, are playing in the big club's arena?  Yeah, I think that's it.

271541[/snapback]

I hate to sound cold, but why should I care about the Amerk's in Florida. I love NHL Hockey. The Amerk's mean little to those outside of the area.

Jeff

I hate to sound cold, but why should I care about the Amerk's in Florida. I love NHL Hockey. The Amerk's mean little to those outside of the area.

Jeff

271553[/snapback]

Uh, because a number of those current Amerks will be future Sabres (Ryan Miller being the most obvious). If the Sabres aren't successful at developing their young talent, they'll never win the Cup. Currently the Amerks' record is 44-10-9.

Jeff

271553[/snapback]

What the Amerks mean to me....by Kevbeau.

$15 ticket

$3 Genny Buckets

Fans who know what offsides is

Pinchy pressing ham on the visitors glass.*

*I think that was the name of the big guy who used to get up and dance around in the front row.

Uh, because a number of those current Amerks will be future Sabres (Ryan Miller being the most obvious).  If the Sabres aren't successful at developing their young talent, they'll never win the Cup.  Currently the Amerks' record is 44-10-9.

271559[/snapback]

Uh, do you think at I get any news about the Amerk's? Uh, I believe that the article was mostly about the color of the ice and the possible uni change?

Jeff

Jeff

271536[/snapback]

Either way....I remember when Golsiano (sp?) purchased the Sabres, in his first press conference, he mentioned not being so crazy about the new uniforms, and hinted that the team, in time, would return to something closer to their originals...that can't come soon enough, unless, of course, the NHL folds altogether. Then, it will not matter one bit!